weheartCHARICE

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!

Charice Fan Site and Forum

CHARICE just completed:      The 2012 TOFA-NY Awards - Carnegie Hall, New York (10/27/12)           and            Charice Infinity Tour 2012 - Honolulu, Hawaii (11/03/12)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jessica Sanchez - American Idol Season 11

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Jessica Sanchez - American Idol Season 11 on April 12th 2012, 10:18 pm

clothes_w

Admin
'American Idol' elimination shocker: Jessica Sanchez gets the scare of a lifetime
Published: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 9:22 PM Updated: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 9:49 PM
By Bobby Olivier/The Star-Ledger

Jessica Sanchez was the low vote-getter on "American Idol" tonight, but was saved by the judges.

Save, and a beauty!

For the first time this season, "American Idol" showcased some serious drama as teenage powerhouse and season frontrunner Jessica Sanchez was revealed as this week's low vote-getter after a superb performance Wednesday night.

The drama was short-lived however, as Jessica was no more than a few bars into her "sing for your life" song before Jennifer Lopez, Randy Jackson and Steven Tyler hopped on stage, yanked the microphone from her hand mid-word and informed her of what fans across the country must have assumed — they were saving her.

It has become standard "Idol" procedure of late that the judges are given an ace in the hole each season, one save they can use to keep a worthy contestant in the competition despite their receiving the lowest number of America's votes.

After blowing the judges away week after week and launching herself to what appeared to be the near-top of the "Idol" heap, Jessica was an obvious choice for the save.

Following the judges announcement, a visibly shaken Jessica returned to her smiling "Idol" cohort, likely unable to fully process what had just occurred. Perhaps in her dressing room she will realize how close she came to being the centerpiece of arguably the largest upset in "Idol" history.

Also in the bottom three were Joshua Ledet — also a surprise — as well as Kinnelon native Elise Testone, who gave a mediocre performance Wednesday night.

The judges were outraged by the bottom three and urged, as Randy put it, to "vote for the best" every single week.

Notes:
• With the save out of equation, next week should be full of suspense as well since whoever gets the ax from voter nation goes home no questions asked.

• After being sandbagged by judges for the last few weeks, Hollie Cavanagh climbed out of the bottom three abyss, something I didn't think she would be able to do. Good for her.

• The girls apparently still love Phillip Phillips, despite his recent stagnation.
But this is just my rambling. What did you think? Comment below.

http://www.weheartcharice.com

2 Re: Jessica Sanchez - American Idol Season 11 on April 12th 2012, 10:19 pm

clothes_w

Admin
Tweet from Mom Raquel:

3 Re: Jessica Sanchez - American Idol Season 11 on April 12th 2012, 10:47 pm

Ate Lulu

CHAficionado
CHAficionado
as much as i like Jessica.. i don't see the "X factor" in her... Jessica has the talent whether she wins or lose.. she earned her spot in American music as long as she just play her card right.. she is one of the best in AI history.. but i just don't see her winning the hearts of many among the AI audience..

one thing for sure.. if i vote.. i vote for her not because she is part Filipino but because of her talent.. just like i am saying.. i love Charice not because she is Filipino but because i believe in her.

4 Re: Jessica Sanchez - American Idol Season 11 on April 13th 2012, 8:17 am

clothes_w

Admin
Ate Lulu wrote:

one thing for sure.. if i vote.. i vote for her not because she is part Filipino but because of her talent.. just like i am saying.. i love Charice not because she is Filipino but because i believe in her.

I couldn't agree more.

5 Re: Jessica Sanchez - American Idol Season 11 on April 13th 2012, 7:25 pm

Ate Lulu

CHAficionado
CHAficionado
remember Sanjaya? he went up to the top 5? on AI not because of his talent.. but because he was the first Indian to join and make it to the top 12.. we joked around saying all the call centers in India were voting for Sanjaya... :P

and i don't want that to happen to Jessica.. if one wins on AI.. it should be the Americans voting not just Filipinos or Mexicans.. i will be more than proud if she wins not because people are saying she is Filipino.. vote for her.. sorry.. i am not a bandwagon groupie..

6 Re: Jessica Sanchez - American Idol Season 11 on April 13th 2012, 7:57 pm

koolerbeans

Admin
Ate Lulu wrote:one thing for sure.. if i vote.. i vote for her not because she is part Filipino but because of her talent.. just like i am saying.. i love Charice not because she is Filipino but because i believe in her.
that's very well said, ate lulu!

Jessica certainly has a voice. I personally think it'd be nice to see that kind of voice win this kind of competition since a male has won the last four seasons - it'd be a nice, refreshing change. Odds aren't in her favor, but she's got a great platform to showcase her talent. Hope she's enjoying the ride and showing the nation what she can do.

http://weheartcharice.forumotion.com

7 Re: Jessica Sanchez - American Idol Season 11 on April 15th 2012, 7:14 pm

chargepads

CHAster
CHAster
koolerbeans wrote:
Ate Lulu wrote:one thing for sure.. if i vote.. i vote for her not because she is part Filipino but because of her talent.. just like i am saying.. i love Charice not because she is Filipino but because i believe in her.
that's very well said, ate lulu!

Jessica certainly has a voice. I personally think it'd be nice to see that kind of voice win this kind of competition since a male has won the last four seasons - it'd be a nice, refreshing change. Odds aren't in her favor, but she's got a great platform to showcase her talent. Hope she's enjoying the ride and showing the nation what she can do.

She almost didn't make it last week if not for the judges save! 😕 Vote...vote...vote! :bounce:

8 Re: Jessica Sanchez - American Idol Season 11 on April 16th 2012, 1:04 am

micka

CHAnatic
CHAnatic
http://fasttrack.hk/music/jessica-sanchez-the-great-american-idol-con-bitchback#comment-3357
There is also part about Charice, I can call it bashing.
Spoiler:
Remember, that fleeting fame of a girl called Charise? And where the f*** is she now?

She performed in Hong Kong recently and few cared and even less went to see her. She is a has-been before being a never-been.

Where are all those who once fawned over her- Oprah, Ellen, David Foster, the Producers of "Glee"?

She is finished.

Also, is there topic What people say about Charice?

9 Re: Jessica Sanchez - American Idol Season 11 on April 16th 2012, 1:20 am

koolerbeans

Admin
micka wrote:
Also, is there topic What people say about Charice?

Yup it's in "Gossip & Rumors" - http://weheartcharice.forumotion.com/t127-what-people-say-about-charice

http://weheartcharice.forumotion.com

10 Re: Jessica Sanchez - American Idol Season 11 on April 16th 2012, 2:53 pm

clothes_w

Admin
How to vote for Jessica Sanchez from the Philippines and other countries outside the US:

If you have Magic Jack or NetTalk phones in Pinas, you can vote for Jessica by dialing the toll free number that will be assigned to her after the American Idol show. Check the American Idol website or Jessica Sanchez facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jessica-Sanchez/51158140363 to find out the toll free number she got for that episode. You have 2 chances to vote: 10am-12noon and 1pm-3pm on Thursday Manila time. If you get busy tone (try at least twice to be sure) on the first time slot, that means your Magic Jack or NetTalk phone has a West Coast number, so trying dialing on the second time slot (1-3pm). You can vote as many times as you want via dial method. If you get a busy tone, it means the voting is closed.

If you don't have Magic Jack or Nettalk phone, you can also try dialing from your computer using Skype for free. If you got busy tone on the first time slot, try the second time slot. If you have Skype app on your smartphones, that should work too.

Source

11 Re: Jessica Sanchez - American Idol Season 11 on April 17th 2012, 9:41 pm

clothes_w

Admin
If you like Jessica Sanchez, please Like her Facebook Fan Page:

https://www.facebook.com/JSanchezAI11

And follow her on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/#!/JSanchezAI11

12 Re: Jessica Sanchez - American Idol Season 11 on April 19th 2012, 8:45 am

clothes_w

Admin
Judges to Sanchez: Good voice is not enough
ABS-CBNnews.com
Posted at 04/19/2012 10:14 AM | Updated as of 04/19/2012 8:03 PM

MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) -- She may have "pulled the stops" but the judges on "American Idol" gave restrained praises for Filipino-Mexican contestant Jessica Sanchez on Wednesday night (Thursday morning in Manila).

Contestants were asked to sing two songs this week -- a Billboard No. 1 hit from 2000 to 2012 and a "soul" classic from previous decades.

Sanchez, who was fifth to perform, chose "Fallin'" from Alicia Keys for the first round.

"She is not messing around tonight; goes big from the get go, then contrasts it with perfect vocal control. Such lethal power, one of those dangerous singers who you can't take your eyes off of," New York-based newspaper Newsday said in its review.

Netizens were surprised the judges didn't give her a standing ovation.

"Huh. The judges didn’t give her standing O? I thought that was a given after last week," asked blogger Rickey of rickey.org.

Instead, the judges merely said they're glad that they saved her last week after she received the least number of votes.

"I hope America shows up and votes for you this week," said judge Randy Jackson, who just last week called Sanchez "the best singer in America right now."

"I don't even know if you know how good you really are, and how great you can be," he added.

Judge Jennifer Lopez echoed the comment. "You're just a little baby. I’m glad we had a save and used it on you."

Judge Steven Tyler, meanwhile, said, "With talent like yours you have a right to get mad at a song."

But the judges changed their tune with Sanchez's second song -- a cover of Otis Redding's classic "Try A Little Tenderness."

Newsday praised her again. "As always, her vocal quality is top-notch, and she's totally in control of the song, doing tricky things with it," it said.

The judges, though, said having a good voice isn't enough.

"We got a little bit of your alter ego BB Chez. She came out a little bit here. Just the voice isn’t going to do it," Lopez told the 16-year-old from San Diego.

"Where you should go is being connected with the lyric," Jackson advised her.

Joshua gets top marks

It was contestant Joshua Ledet, who also figured in the bottom three with Sanchez and Elise Testone last week, who got the heaviest praise from the judges. They also stood up for his two performances.

Ledet got his first standing ovation for the night for his version of "I Believe," Fantasia's coronation song when she won in the third season of "Idol."

Ledet closed the show with another standing ovation for his rendition of Sam Cooke's civil rights anthem, "A Change is Gonna Come."

The judges also gave a standing ovation to contestant Phillip Phillips for his sexy rearrangement of Usher's "U Got It Bad."

After the voting in the West Coast, Ledet and Sanchez are leading the pack on Dial Idol followed by Phillips at No. 3.

Dial Idol, which predicts who has the most number of phone votes, says that the three contestants will not be voted off, based on its margin of error.

13 Re: Jessica Sanchez - American Idol Season 11 on April 19th 2012, 2:50 pm

Ate Lulu

CHAficionado
CHAficionado
the judges are right.. good voice ain't enough.. i admit she has a good voice but i can't feel the song she's singing.. that was my comment on Sarah Geronimo too when she was starting.. i just couldn't feel the song they are singing.. unlike Charice.. even she's young, singing grown up songs you can just feel every word she is singing.. that's the difference between them.. last night i happened to see Jessica's part.. sorry to say.. i had to change channel again coz i can't take it.. the song was forced and even her vocal was forced too.. no vote from me..

14 Re: Jessica Sanchez - American Idol Season 11 on April 21st 2012, 2:19 pm

Ate Lulu

CHAficionado
CHAficionado
she survived this week because of Pinoy power.. just hope America won't call it Philippine Idol.. good luck Jessica.. may the best one win..

15 Re: Jessica Sanchez - American Idol Season 11 on April 21st 2012, 6:42 pm

chargepads

CHAster
CHAster
It'll be between Skylar and Jessica for the girls. The boys is really Joshua's to lose! :)

16 Re: Jessica Sanchez - American Idol Season 11 on April 25th 2012, 11:06 pm

clothes_w

Admin
Jessica Sanchez: Dance With My Father - Top 6 - AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 11

Jessica Sanchez: Bohemian Rhapsody

To view forum properly, please enable HTML by doing the following:

1. Go to "Profile" on your top menu
2. Click "Preferences"
3. Select "Yes" for Always allow HTML

17 Re: Jessica Sanchez - American Idol Season 11 on April 26th 2012, 8:57 am

clothes_w

Admin
Pacquiao declares Jessica Sanchez will win 'Idol'
ABS-CBNnews.com
Posted at 04/26/2012 8:45 PM | Updated as of 04/26/2012 8:45 PM

Filipino boxing champ Manny Pacquiao

MANILA, Philippines – Despite being busy training for his next fight, Filipino boxing champ Manny Pacquiao found time to give an inspiring message to Filipino-American singer Jessica Sanchez, who is currently one of the top 6 finalists of “American Idol.”

In an interview with ABS-CBN News on Thursday, Pacquiao said he is praying for Sanchez, and he believes that the 16-year-old belter can win the whole competition.

“Jessica, good luck and we’re praying for you. Sana manalo ka. No, hindi sana. I declare that you’re gonna win in Jesus' name,” he said.

Aside from being an 8-division world boxing champion, Pacquiao is known for his passion for singing. After each fight in the US, Pacquiao also holds a concert for his fans.

During her performance on “American Idol” on Wednesday night (Thursday morning in Manila), Sanchez took on a Queen classic and a Luther Vandross hit.

Filipino-American singer Jessica Sanchez

Sanchez earned restrained praise for singing “Bohemian Rhapsody,” but she bounced back with a stunning performance of “Dance With My Father.”

Meanwhile, Sanchez appealed to her supporters to vote as many times as they can because she really wants to move on to the next round.

“I’ve been saved once. There is no save again so please I’m begging you guys, please vote as much as you can,” she said.

She also thanked her supporters for letting her make it this far on “Idol.”

“I love you guys so much. Thank you for letting me make it this far. I love you,” she said.

On Friday (Manila time), another contestant on “Idol” will be booted out, depending on the votes cast by people residing in the United States. – with reports from Dyan Castillejo and Yong Chavez, ABS-CBN News

To view forum properly, please enable HTML by doing the following:

1. Go to "Profile" on your top menu
2. Click "Preferences"
3. Select "Yes" for Always allow HTML

18 Re: Jessica Sanchez - American Idol Season 11 on April 27th 2012, 11:56 pm

chargepads

CHAster
CHAster
Yup the Bohemian rhapsody piece is a little out of Jessica's swim lane.... 🇳🇴

19 Re: Jessica Sanchez - American Idol Season 11 on April 28th 2012, 6:52 pm

silverryno

CHAdmirer
CHAdmirer
chargepads wrote:Yup the Bohemian rhapsody piece is a little out of Jessica's swim lane.... 🇳🇴

Anyone else get freaked out by her three heads that popped out in the background? Totally distracting, lol.

Jessica is great. Probably one of the best talents Idol has seen in a long time. And yet, she is STILL not the best singer in the competition this year. THAT title goes to Joshua Ledet! Mr. "Mantasia"! Have you seen his Jar of Hearts performance during Hollywood Week? OMG! Since then, it has been just performance after performance of greatness.

Though, I have to say the judges pander him a bit way too much, giving him standing O's in just about every one of his performances. It's not that I don't think he deserves them, but the judges have been handing them out like nothing this season such that they've lost all meaning. I mean, they gave Holly a standing O for her performance of The Climb?

micka

CHAnatic
CHAnatic
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/04/28/12/akon-says-jessica-overqualified-idol
MANILA, Philippines – International R&B artist and record producer Akon is ready to offer a record deal to Filipina-Mexican-American Jessica Sanchez should her stint on "American Idol" ends before the final showdown.

Filipina-Mexican-American Jessica Sanchez
During the recent Billboard Latin Music Awards in Miami, Akon told entertainment website E! News that he hopes Sanchez would be voted off the reality singing contest, so he can offer her a recording contract ahead.

As in past seasons, the winner of “Idol” gets to sign a record deal with a major music label under the management of 19 Management, which is affiliated with the show.

"I know I shouldn't be saying this, but I kind of want her to get voted off so I can sign her," Akon said. "She's beyond the talent that's supposed to be there. I think she's overqualified, I really do."

"And she's only 16," he added. "Like, I've been around a lot of superstars. I haven't seen anyone at that age sing like that."

Recounting Sanchez’s almost-elimination from the show, Akon said the Pinay’s supporters had become complacent because of her seemingly top spot-ensuring performances.

"[People] naturally assume that she's been voted for because she's so good. So they chose to vote for someone else to kind of even the balance and she's not getting the votes."

Following the dramatic save, Sanchez has since advanced twice in the show, securing a spot in the top five.

Sanchez will continue her “Idol” journey on Wednesday (Thursday morning in Manila).

micka

CHAnatic
CHAnatic

Ate Lulu

CHAficionado
CHAficionado
been reading.. everyone is happy for Jessica.. she is safe this week! Congratulations! good luck on the next round.. you are now one of the top 4..

chargepads

CHAster
CHAster
She will easily beat Jasmine Trias' record at AI, 3rd place! Next week either Holly or Phillip(?) will go. I would like to see Joshua vs Jessica in 3 weeks! Charice guesting? That would be heaven. :D

bluedanube

CHAster
CHAster
akon is right!
jessica brings back the magic of IDOL season #1 !
but she better stay independent.
too young for the cruel mainstream machinery.
her body already is showing traces of too hard work.
everyone including charice knows, there is certain seduction to work too hard in this biz.

Ate Lulu

CHAficionado
CHAficionado
she is now among the TOP 3! she beat Jasmin Trias' record!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum