weheartCHARICE

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!

Charice Fan Site and Forum

CHARICE just completed:      The 2012 TOFA-NY Awards - Carnegie Hall, New York (10/27/12)           and            Charice Infinity Tour 2012 - Honolulu, Hawaii (11/03/12)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jessica Sanchez - American Idol Season 11

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

1 Jessica Sanchez - American Idol Season 11 on April 12th 2012, 10:18 pm

clothes_w

Admin
First topic message reminder :

'American Idol' elimination shocker: Jessica Sanchez gets the scare of a lifetime
Published: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 9:22 PM Updated: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 9:49 PM
By Bobby Olivier/The Star-Ledger

Jessica Sanchez was the low vote-getter on "American Idol" tonight, but was saved by the judges.

Save, and a beauty!

For the first time this season, "American Idol" showcased some serious drama as teenage powerhouse and season frontrunner Jessica Sanchez was revealed as this week's low vote-getter after a superb performance Wednesday night.

The drama was short-lived however, as Jessica was no more than a few bars into her "sing for your life" song before Jennifer Lopez, Randy Jackson and Steven Tyler hopped on stage, yanked the microphone from her hand mid-word and informed her of what fans across the country must have assumed — they were saving her.

It has become standard "Idol" procedure of late that the judges are given an ace in the hole each season, one save they can use to keep a worthy contestant in the competition despite their receiving the lowest number of America's votes.

After blowing the judges away week after week and launching herself to what appeared to be the near-top of the "Idol" heap, Jessica was an obvious choice for the save.

Following the judges announcement, a visibly shaken Jessica returned to her smiling "Idol" cohort, likely unable to fully process what had just occurred. Perhaps in her dressing room she will realize how close she came to being the centerpiece of arguably the largest upset in "Idol" history.

Also in the bottom three were Joshua Ledet — also a surprise — as well as Kinnelon native Elise Testone, who gave a mediocre performance Wednesday night.

The judges were outraged by the bottom three and urged, as Randy put it, to "vote for the best" every single week.

Notes:
• With the save out of equation, next week should be full of suspense as well since whoever gets the ax from voter nation goes home no questions asked.

• After being sandbagged by judges for the last few weeks, Hollie Cavanagh climbed out of the bottom three abyss, something I didn't think she would be able to do. Good for her.

• The girls apparently still love Phillip Phillips, despite his recent stagnation.
But this is just my rambling. What did you think? Comment below.

http://www.weheartcharice.com

clothes_w

Admin
Jessica Sanchez's Top 3 Performances

"My All" (Mariah Carey)

"I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" (Aerosmith)

"I'll Be There" (Jackson Five)

To view forum properly, please enable HTML by doing the following:

1. Go to "Profile" on your top menu
2. Click "Preferences"
3. Select "Yes" for Always allow HTML

Ate Lulu

CHAficionado
CHAficionado
Congratulations to Jessica!! into the finals girl!! good luck!!! hope you win the finals!!

silverryno

CHAdmirer
CHAdmirer
Congrats to Jessica.

Though, I'm sick that Joshua got booted. It's like Season 6 all over again when Melinda Doolittle got prematurely voted off and settled for third place.

Now that Joshua is gone, then it's Jessica all the way for me.

koolerbeans

Admin
Congrats, Jessica! I never really followed the season except to watch Jessica's performances on AI's YouTube, and when I saw her duet with Joshua a few weeks back - I would've bet good money they'd be the top two. Congrats, again, Jessica! Do work.

chargepads

CHAster
CHAster
silverryno wrote:Congrats to Jessica.

Though, I'm sick that Joshua got booted. It's like Season 6 all over again when Melinda Doolittle got prematurely voted off and settled for third place.

Now that Joshua is gone, then it's Jessica all the way for me.

Well, complacency on the part of Joshua's fans played a role in him being booted out a week short of the finals. Derek and his partner Menudos suffered the same thing at the DWTS, now I am rooting for Cheryl and William all the way and Jessica of course!

clothes_w

Admin

2. Click "Preferences"

roosell

CHAster
CHAster
The fan fix is in so Jessica should win. It seems J & J fans feared losing in the finale so many of Joshua & Jessica's fans ALSO voted for Phillip in an effort to have him in the finale to go up against their favourite. The assumption was Phillip would bow out. Apparently Jessica fans voted more often for Jessica & for Phillip tnan did Joshuas fans vote for Joshua and Phillip. As a result Phillip got votes from Phillip fans, Joshua fans and Jessica fans; enough to beat out Joshua. For the finale, Jessica can count on extra support from Filipinos who view her as Filipino-American and from Mexicans & South Americans who view her as Latino-American.

33 Re: Jessica Sanchez - American Idol Season 11 on May 23rd 2012, 10:06 pm

roosell

CHAster
CHAster
Then again there's the pattern of WGWG which is white guy with guitar....Pee-Pee wins!

clothes_w

Admin
Congratulations Phillip and Jessica! Even though Jessica didn't win, I am sure there are still many opportunities in store for her.

2. Click "Preferences"

chargepads

CHAster
CHAster
There's got to be a way to break the male domination of AI in the last 5 years. I think Anne Curtis can do it! xD

koolerbeans

Admin
chargepads wrote:There's got to be a way to break the male domination of AI in the last 5 years. I think Anne Curtis can do it! xD

haha

clothes_w

Admin
^_^ haha

I heard Tommy Mottola is going to produce her first album. As long as she doesn't fall for the sales talks of Star Records, she'll be fine.

2. Click "Preferences"

clothes_w

Admin
Just saw this on Facebook:

Phillips on iTunes US Top 100:
    #1 Home
    #28 We've Got Tonight
    #31 Stand By Me
    #34 Volcano
    #53 Movin' Out
    #65 Beggin'
    #100 U Got It Bad

I didn't personally check, but I heard from multiple people none of Jessica's songs are in the Top 100. Hope those who voted for her will also download her songs.

2. Click "Preferences"

koolerbeans

Admin
^ They're probably still belly aching about the loss. This is the time JS's fans should show their support. It's their success after IDOL that really matters.

When I checked yesterday, her iTunes IDOL performances album was like $7.99. Pretty good deal for all her songs.

bluedanube

CHAster
CHAster
well, congrats to a great #2 for this tiny girl! she really rocked the house many times. I was her fan long before AI.

happy to hear that charice is interested in collaboration of some kind. it is very hard and expensive to get an idol winner on board but runner up might be possible, and this position yields more freedom to the artist also.

jessica better take some health break, as this was very hard work and exhausting to the vocal chords.
then reinvent herself (easy with 17 ;) ) and go touring, then make a great album, after the songs have been tested on tour.

Ate Lulu

CHAficionado
CHAficionado
http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2012/05/25/idol-moves-toward-lower-payouts-for-runners-up/

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Coming in second on “American Idol” may still be a path to superstardom, but it no longer offers guaranteed paychecks worthy of the next pop idol or rock star.

Wednesday night’s runner-up, 16-year-old Jessica Sanchez, doesn’t have a definite shot at producing an album and could be paid as little as $30,000 in advances for recording singles, according to the “Idol” contract she and other Season 11 contestants signed earlier this year.

Representatives for 19 Recordings Inc. and “American Idol” producer FremantleMedia declined comment. They also have not disclosed which recording deal would be offered to Sanchez.

“It makes sense. You can’t continue to offer the same sorts of rewards and incentives when the program was averaging 25 to 30 million (viewers), and (now) the finale is barely breaking 20 million,” said Northwestern University assistant professor Max Dawson, who teaches a course on reality television. Wednesday’s finale was the lowest-rated final show for “Idol” in its history.

“These contracts don’t pay off,” he said, contrasting the long list of “Idol” alumni who have been dropped by record labels with those who have thriving careers. “It seems like the successes that people like Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood have had are the flukes.”

He noted that the recording industry has shifted toward single song sales in recent years, and even established artists are struggling to sell full albums. “I wouldn’t be surprised, quite frankly, if this is the direction they head with the winners,” Dawson said.

Buyers purchased nearly 1.3 billion single songs last year as opposed to 331 million albums, said Dave Bakula, Nielsen’s senior vice president of analytics for SoundScan. He noted that there have been some successful “Idol” runners-up, but producers appear to be giving themselves more flexibility with how they develop artists in different genres.

“Idol” winner Phillip Phillips will receive the same $300,000 advance given to last year’s winner, Scotty McCreery, upon completion of his first album, according to the contracts. Finalists who placed third and lower could receive deals to record singles, EPs or full albums, with the lowest advance amounting to $24,000 if they complete their commitment to record up to four single songs.

Higher advances are paid if 19 Recordings agrees to produce more albums, with Phillips eligible to receive up to $800,000 for a six-album deal.

The advances are paid and later deducted from the singer’s song royalties.

“As the music industry is changing, it makes sense for `Idol’ to change as well,” Dawson said.

Despite the contract reductions, there are more opportunities for recent “Idol” contestants to earn money than their predecessors. Phillips will be paid $200,000 for his Disney attraction work and Sanchez will rake in $50,000 for her appearances. Both are also set to get a cut of merchandise profits.

No matter what recording deal Sanchez is offered, she already has heavyweight Hollywood representation. In March, a judge approved a deal in which she will be represented by Creative Artists Agency for future television, personal appearance and other employment deals.

courtesy of www.comcast.net

The agreement appears to be the first time in “Idol’s” history that producers are not offering the show’s runner-up an album deal that in previous years came with a guaranteed advance of at least $175,000, an Associated Press review of the Fox show’s contracts reveals.

The analysis covers eight of “Idol’s” 11 seasons during which contracts filed for contestants under the age of 18 were available. The contracts were reviewed by judges in accordance with a California law that requires at least 15 percent of a minor entertainer’s earnings be set aside for their benefit once they reach adulthood.

The reduced royalty advance covers the period immediately following the show. In addition to recording new music, the series’ winners and finalists are obligated to perform in a concert tour and lend their likeness to a Walt Disney World Resort attraction in Florida.

If Sanchez is given an album deal following the show, she will receive the same $175,000 bonus that Lauren Alaina was paid after placing second in the show’s 10th season. But 19 Recordings Inc., which has the option to handle the albums and recordings of Idol contestants for several years after they appear on the show, has replaced a guaranteed album deal for the runner-up with a staggered “Development Period” that requires less music and pays out less in advances.

Sanchez could be paid as little as $30,000 if she is asked to perform four single songs, or $60,000 if she records an “EP” of between four and 10 songs.

Ate Lulu

CHAficionado
CHAficionado
if Jessica's songs won't sell.. i don't see her going far.. she will just be AI wonder that's only good for 2 yrs.. like DA?

i guess she will better off signing with Star Records.. at least in the Phil.. they went crazy for her.. going with the flow of AI season 11..

bluedanube

CHAster
CHAster
Jessica and Jasmine Villegas once shared the stage.

There is something to learn. Jasmine came to the Philippines, for a couple of months, and worked with GMA7. My point is, this was the best possible stage education that an artist can get.
Jasmine now is 18, and producing a lot of cool stuff, and she has much control over it. She has a huge fan base.

Jessica should learn the depths of this business in the Philippines, then she will prevail.

Ate Lulu

CHAficionado
CHAficionado
i am not a hater.. i did like Jessica.. like what i told the guys when we were chatting.. she is good but not great.. you got to be great to get me on your side.. good luck on her endeavors but i am not like the rest of the Pinoys who go for an artist just because they are Filipinos..

koolerbeans

Admin
http://www.extratv.com/2012/05/26/the-idol-runner-up-payday-may-be-lower-than-previous-seasons/

The 'Idol' Runner-Up Payday May Be Lower than Previous Seasons

May 26, 2012 | 9:56pm EDT

As this year’s “American Idol” second place finisher, Jessica Sanchez may not be guaranteed a deal to record a full album and could earn only $30,000, reports AP.

In the past “Idol” seasons, runner-ups were given the opportunity to record an album, which came with a royalties advance of at least $175,000.

This year, the “Idol” contestants signed a different contract. 19 Recordings Inc., which is given the option to handle the recordings of “Idol” alumni, replaced the guaranteed album deal with a “Development Period.” Sanchez could be asked to record as few as four songs, for which she would be paid a $30,000 advance, or an EP of between four to 10 songs, for which she would receive a $60,000 advance. If 19 Recordings agree to produce an entire album by Sanchez, however, she would receive the same $175,000 advance as previous runners-up.

Even though the runner-up contract has been changed, the “Idol” champ receives the same deal as in previous years. According to AP, Phillip Phillips will still receive a $300,000 advance to complete his first album. He could also earn as much as $800,000 for six albums, should 19 Recordings agree to produce them.

Don’t feel too bad for Sanchez. She will be able to make money in other ways as “Idol’s” No. 2 with guest appearances and a cut of merchandise profits.

Last edited by koolerbeans on May 27th 2012, 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

bluedanube

CHAster
CHAster
>>Payday May Be Lower than Previous

read this backwards.
idol is dead.
best thing is, jessica can take the lower prices as her bail-out opportunity and leave the whole machinery behind.
then she is free to work with a record label and management of her choice, and can make music she is standing for.
with her young age, she can wait half a year with ease, and work on her perfection.

47 Re: Jessica Sanchez - American Idol Season 11 on June 7th 2012, 10:37 pm

bluedanube

CHAster
CHAster
jessica is invited to TV shows almost daily.
some piano player from Idol is coming with her, for the acoustic performances.
so, they seem to know very well it is in their interest to support her.
but it's not clear if idol can provide for compositions and arrangements modern enough for jessica.
very same problem like with glee. their capacity in art is limited. it depends on getting some world class producer to work with them, and their ability to spend appropriate budget.

48 Re: Jessica Sanchez - American Idol Season 11 on June 14th 2012, 7:38 am

clothes_w

Admin
Jessica Sanchez - Star Spangled Banner - Pacquiao Bradley Fight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-LlI7_dSWY

Jessica Sanchez sings National Anthem - 2012 NBA Finals Game 1 - Heat vs Thunder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaZCC0YBUU8

2. Click "Preferences"

49 Re: Jessica Sanchez - American Idol Season 11 on June 21st 2012, 6:15 pm

clothes_w

Admin
'Glee' Enlists 'American Idol's' Jessica Sanchez

The Season 11 runner-up would join the Fox dramedy midway through its fourth season for a multiepisode role.
12:54 PM PDT 6/21/2012 by Lesley Goldberg

Glee is taking its Thursday pairing with American Idol to a whole new level.

Fox musical dramedy is thisclose to adding Idol Season 11 runner-up Jessica Sanchez for a multiepisode arc in its upcoming fourth season, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

As first reported by TV Line, details on Sanchez's character are being kept under wraps but the singer would join the Ryan Murphy-Brad Falchuk series midway through Season 4 and join high-profile additions Sarah Jessica Parker and Kate Hudson, who have both signed on for multiple episodes.

Glee will move from its longtime home on Tuesdays to Thursday nights starting in September when it will be paired with reality juggernaut Idol.

Sanchez, 16, would likely join the series following the completion of Idol's summer concert tour.

Source

2. Click "Preferences"

50 Re: Jessica Sanchez - American Idol Season 11 on June 21st 2012, 8:01 pm

clothes_w

Admin
Glee Exclusive: American Idol's Jessica Sanchez in Talks for Multi-Episode Season 4 Arc
by Michael Slezak and Michael Ausiello

And we are telling you, she is not going to leave Fox’s primetime schedule. Indeed, Jessica Sanchez, whose monster pipes and near-perfect pitch carried her all the way to a second-place finish on Season 11 of American Idol, is nearing a deal to join Glee‘s fourth season in a multi-episode arc, TVLine has learned exclusively.

There are no details yet available on what role Glee executive producer Ryan Murphy might have in store for the 16-year-old California native, but the plan would be to have her join the cast midway through the first half of Season 4, after she completes her duties on the Idols Live summer tour. Presumably, though, Sanchez’s character would in some capacity — either as part of McKinley High’s New Directions show choir or at the New York Academy for the Dramatic Arts where Rachel Berry is headed in the fall — compete for solos with the show’s existing and impressive stable of vocalists.

In other words, if you love a diva-off (and who doesn’t?), Season 4 of Glee is about to get intense.

During her Idol run, Sanchez became an early front-runner on the strength of scorching Vegas-round renditions of “It Doesn’t Matter Anymore” and “The Prayer,” followed by a spot-on rendition of “I Will Always Love You” on Whitney Houston night. Later, in a Top 7 week shocker, Ryan Seacrest revealed the girl who sometimes performed as her alter-ego Bebe Chez was the lowest vote getter, but the judges promptly vetoed America’s decision by using their sole “save” of the season. Sanchez then went on to steal the show during the Idol finale by virtue of a jaw-dropping duet with Broadway legend Jennifer Holliday on the Dreamgirls classic “And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going.”

If the Glee deal is completed, it will mark Sanchez’s third time at the primetime rodeo. Back in 2006, she appeared as a contestant on the inaugural season NBC’s America’s Got Talent.

Source

2. Click "Preferences"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum