weheartCHARICE
06/01/2013 - ABS-CBN - After 'coming out,' Charice breaks silence Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

weheartCHARICE
06/01/2013 - ABS-CBN - After 'coming out,' Charice breaks silence Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!
weheartCHARICE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charice Fan Site and Forum

CHARICE just completed:      The 2012 TOFA-NY Awards - Carnegie Hall, New York (10/27/12)           and            Charice Infinity Tour 2012 - Honolulu, Hawaii (11/03/12)

You are not connected. Please login or register

06/01/2013 - ABS-CBN - After 'coming out,' Charice breaks silence

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

benjandy

benjandy
CHAnnoisseur
CHAnnoisseur

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/06/01/13/after-coming-out-charice-breaks-silence

After 'coming out,' Charice breaks silence

ABS-CBNnews.com
Posted at 06/01/2013 5:36 PM | Updated as of 06/01/2013 9:18 PM

MANILA, Philippines -- For the first time since she held a "coming out" party in May, Charice spoke on camera to thank those who continue to support her after her decision to celebrate "the real her."

In a video aired by entertainment talk show "Showbiz Inside Report" on Saturday, the 21-year-old singer is seen at the Hong Kong International Airport.

According to her business manager, Glen Aldueza, Charice was recently in Hong Kong to fulfill her commitments for a "Hollywood project."

Charice, sporting a short haircut, expressed thanks to those "who are still there" for her.

"I just want to say, thank you, personally, to all my fans, to all the people who are still supporting me, who are still there for me. Honestly, I'm very, very happy. I can't explain how happy I am right now, hearing all the positive things," she said.

She added: "I promise you guys that I will come back and I will see you guys again. I miss you all so much. I love you all."

In late May, one of Charice's godfathers, columnist Büm Tenorio, published a story titled "You're the man, Charice!" detailing the former "X Factor" judge's birthday celebration held last May 10.

Referring to the party, Tenorio wrote, "[Charice] intimated to me that [it] was her 'coming out' of sorts."

Tenorio, however, didn't explicitly say if Charice confirmed that she is a lesbian.

Nonetheless, the columnist quoted the singer as saying, "I’m able to express myself better now. I have come to accept the real me. I have come to love the real me. I now celebrate the real me."

benjandy

benjandy
CHAnnoisseur
CHAnnoisseur

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/473677/20130602/charice-pempengco-lesbian-glee-xfactor-philippines.htm

Former Glee Star Charice Pempengco Thanks Fans after ‘Coming Out’ Party

By SIMI JOHN: Subscribe to Simi's RSS feed | June 2, 2013 11:21 AM GMT

Filipino singer Charice Pempengco has thanked her fans for their support, following a reported coming out at her 21st birthday party. The young singer, who had a role in 20th Century Fox's hit television series Glee between 2010 and 2011, was speaking at the Hong Kong International Airport.

Pempengco said: "I just want to say, thank you, personally, to all my fans, to all the people who are still supporting me, who are still there for me. Honestly, I'm very, very happy. I can't explain how happy I am right now, hearing all the positive things. I promise you guys that I will come back and I will see you guys again. I miss you all so much. I love you all."

Last month, in article in The Philippine Star, the former X Factor Philippines judge remarked she felt "free as a bird". She explained: "I'm able to express myself better now. I have come to accept the real me. I have come to love the real me. I now celebrate the real me".

Earlier in May, the singer's mother, Raquel Pempengco, said she supported her daughter to "confirm her real identity".

Translated from Filipino, the mother's remarks read: "What my heart and mind is telling me as a mother is to allow her to reveal her real gender preference. Whatever path she wants to take, because that is where she would find happiness. I will respect what she will reveal to the public because it is through that disclosure that she will find happiness and liberation."

However, as ABC-CBN news points out, Pempengco herself has to explicitly confirm she is a lesbian.

To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail: s.elizajohn@ibtimes.com
To contact the editor, e-mail: editor@ibtimes.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum