weheartCHARICE
06/09/2013 - ABS-CBN - What mom did when she learned Charice is gay Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

weheartCHARICE
06/09/2013 - ABS-CBN - What mom did when she learned Charice is gay Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!
weheartCHARICE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charice Fan Site and Forum

CHARICE just completed:      The 2012 TOFA-NY Awards - Carnegie Hall, New York (10/27/12)           and            Charice Infinity Tour 2012 - Honolulu, Hawaii (11/03/12)

You are not connected. Please login or register

06/09/2013 - ABS-CBN - What mom did when she learned Charice is gay

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

benjandy

benjandy
CHAnnoisseur
CHAnnoisseur

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/06/09/13/what-mom-did-when-she-learned-charice-gay

What mom did when she learned Charice is gay

ABS-CBNnews.com

Posted at 06/09/2013 8:48 PM | Updated as of 06/09/2013 8:48 PM

06/09/2013 - ABS-CBN - What mom did when she learned Charice is gay Jun7_chariceMom
Charice Pempengco and mom Raquel Pempengco

MANILA – An emotional Raquel Pempengco admitted that she once confronted her daughter Charice and that she hurt the singer.

In an exclusive interview with “The Buzz” aired on Sunday, the elder Pempengco said the incident happened in Los Angeles when Charice answered her back with a high tone when she asked her if she is a lesbian.

“Minsan nga nasaktan ko pa iyan kasi nung time na nakita ko sa laptop niya, sabi ko ‘Charice, tomboy ka ba?’ ‘Hindi po. Naniniwala na naman kayo kung kani-kanino kesa sa anak niyo.’ Sabi ko, ‘Hindi. Kasi nababasa ko eh.’ Sabi niya ‘Bakit kayo naniniwala na tomboy ako?’ Sumagot siya ng ganun. Nasabunutan ko siya noon. 'Yung reaction na hindi mo ine-expect na sasagutin ka ng anak mo,” [There was a time when I hurt her because one time I saw something on her laptop, so I asked her, 'Charice, are you lesbian?' 'No, I'm not. You're believing what other people say instead of your own child.', she said. I said, 'No. Because I can read you.' She said, 'Why do you believe I'm lesbian?' She answered like that. I grabbed her hair when she answered back. 'That kind of reaction you wouldn't expect from your child.'], she said.

Pempengco said Charice was 19 or 20 years old when she first knew that she is gay. At that time, Pempengco said her daughter was in a relationship with her former manager Courtney Blooding.

“Nung natuklasan ko ng kusa, doon siya umamin. Ang katwiran niya, ‘May ipinagmamalaki na ako ngayon eh. Bakit ba? Nakita niyo naman sa Facebook na ito ako, kami na ni Courtney,’” [When I discovered on my own, that's the time she admitted. Her reason, 'I have something to be proud of. Why? You already saw on facebook that this is me. Courtney and I are together.'], she said.

“Nag-email siya. Natatakot daw siyang sabihin ng harapan kaya sa e-mail sinasabi niya na ‘Ito ako, kami na ni Courtney, tanggapin na lang kasi wala na. Ito na ako,’” [She emailed. She said she was afraid to tell in front of me so on her email she's saying, 'This is me. Courtney and I are together, please accept it because there's nothing we can do about it. This is already me.], she added.

Pempengco also denied reports that her daughter married Blooding in Las Vegas.

“Wala akong proof dun eh. Haka-haka lang 'yun pero wala akong proof,”[I have no proof about that. It's just an assumption and I don't have any proof.], she said.

Upon accepting that her daughter is a lesbian, Pempengco said she had also requested Charice not to openly admit her sexual preference to protect her career.

“After niyang sinabi iyon, sabi ko anak itago mo muna. Huwag mo muna sabihin sa iba kasi may iniingatan kang career. Okay naman maging lesbian siya pero sana 'yung pag-uugali niya, 'yung kinalakihan niyang pagmamahal sa pamilya niya, sana hindi niya tinanggal,” [After she said that, I said, my child please keep it a secret. Please don't tell it to others because you have a career to take care of. It's ok for her to become a lesbian but I hope her (good) behavior, I hope she didn't let go of it.'], she said.

According to Pempengco, what hurt her most is that Charice seems to be putting other people before her own family.

“Dati kami ang nagtatanggol sa isa’t isa. Ngayon, ako mag-isa kaharap ko 'yung anak ko. Isa lang naman ang sinasabi ko eh. I-prioritize pa rin ang pamilya kahit gusto niyang gawin ang kasiyahan na sinasabi niya. Kasi masakit 'yung sinasabi niya na nakakita na siya ng ikalawang pamilya,” [In the past we defend each other. Now, I'm faced alone, face to face with my daughter. I'm only saying one thing. She should prioritize her family while she wants to do what she's saying makes her happy.'], she said.

Pempengco also reiterated that she will never accept Alyssa Quijano, Charice’s current girlfriend.

“Kalimutan niya na akong ina pero hindi ko matatanggap si Alyssa,” [She may forget I'm her mom but I can never accept Alyssa.], she said.

For his part, Charice’s brother Carl only has one thing to tell his sister.

“Tanggap naman namin na ganun siya. Ang gusto lang naman naming mangyari sa kanya is gawin niya 'yung tama. I-secure niya 'yung future niya,” [We accept her for what she is. What we want to happen with her is for her to do what's right. That she will secure her future.], he said.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum