weheartCHARICE
02/11/11 - Manila Bulletin - Charice wows crowd at Woman's Day event in US Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!

Charice Fan Site and Forum

CHARICE just completed:      The 2012 TOFA-NY Awards - Carnegie Hall, New York (10/27/12)           and            Charice Infinity Tour 2012 - Honolulu, Hawaii (11/03/12)

You are not connected. Please login or register

02/11/11 - Manila Bulletin - Charice wows crowd at Woman's Day event in US

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

clothes_w

clothes_w
Admin
Charice wows crowd at Woman's Day event in US
By ROWENA JOY A. SANCHEZ
February 11, 2011, 4:01am

02/11/11 - Manila Bulletin - Charice wows crowd at Woman's Day event in US Cp_35

MANILA, Philippines – It seems that young Filipina singer Charice is becoming a more frequent receiver of standing ovations.

The 18-year-old music sensation wowed the audience with her performances at the Woman’s Day Red Dress Awards held at the Lincoln Center in New York City last Feb. 8. The audience reportedly gave Charice a standing ovation after her performance of “I Will Survive.” She also performed songs from the Whitney Houston-starrer, “The Bodyguard.”

In the past, Charice already received several standing ovations, notably during the series of David Foster and Friends shows last year, her album showcase in New York last April, and her first performance on “The Oprah Winfrey Show” back in 2008.

The Woman’s Day benefit show, which was held in commemoration of the American Heart Month, honored women who made significant contributions in educating other females about heart disease, which is said to be the top killer among women.

One of the honorees, “The Today Show” co-anchor and NBC Dateline Correspondent Hoda Kotb, gushed about how much she admires Charice.

"Wait, I have one question for you, who is better than Charice? When she sang on 'Oprah' that time, I have to tell you, I stood up on my couch, applauded alone in my living room because I thought she sang like an angel," she said in an interview aired on ABS-CBN’s “Balitang America.”

She also mentioned the "Glee" star's performance to co-host Kathie Lee on the Feb. 9 episode of "Today."

E! News host Guiliana Rancic expressed excitement over seeing Charice perform.

Singing at the charity event became even more relevant for the pint-sized young diva as she herself had a brother who died of heart disease 15 years ago.

“It’s really important because I want, not only the women, but all the people around the world to take care of themselves, their hearts, so I’m really glad that I’m part of this charity event,” said Charice also on "Balitang America."

British singer-songwriter Natasha Bedingfield and American soul singer Cee-Lo were among the other performers at the event hosted by Mario Lopez. Another recipient, broadcast icon Barbara Walters, graced the event as well.

To view forum properly, please enable HTML by doing the following:

1. Go to "Profile" on your top menu
2. Click "Preferences"
3. Select "Yes" for Always allow HTML
http://www.weheartcharice.com

khatman

khatman
Legend
Legend
Charice performing the "Bodyguard Medley" and the Gloria Gaynor classic "I Will Survive" @ the Woman's Day Red Dress Awards NY City - Feb 8, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWRo-P3CquA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMwHxYF2VXo

Love that smile @ the end.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum