weheartCHARICE
05/10/12 - InterAksyon - Original 'Dreamgirl' Jennifer Holliday greets Charice, votes for Jessica Sanchez Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

weheartCHARICE
05/10/12 - InterAksyon - Original 'Dreamgirl' Jennifer Holliday greets Charice, votes for Jessica Sanchez Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!
weheartCHARICE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charice Fan Site and Forum

CHARICE just completed:      The 2012 TOFA-NY Awards - Carnegie Hall, New York (10/27/12)           and            Charice Infinity Tour 2012 - Honolulu, Hawaii (11/03/12)

You are not connected. Please login or register

05/10/12 - InterAksyon - Original 'Dreamgirl' Jennifer Holliday greets Charice, votes for Jessica Sanchez

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

clothes_w

clothes_w
Admin

Original 'Dreamgirl' Jennifer Holliday greets Charice, votes for Jessica Sanchez
10-May-12, 12:38 PM | InterAksyon.com

05/10/12 - InterAksyon - Original 'Dreamgirl' Jennifer Holliday greets Charice, votes for Jessica Sanchez Interphoto_1336624669

MANILA, Philippines - Jennifer Holliday, who originally played “Effie” in the hit Broadway musical “Dreamgirls” showed some love for two powerful Filipino singers on Thursday (Manila time) via her personal Twitter account.

Holliday first greeted Charice Pempengco on her 20th birthday.

The Filipino singer caught the attention of the world in 2007 when a YouTube video of her singing Holliday’s “And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going” on South Korea’s “Star King” went viral.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY,CHARICE!..THANK U4 SINGING "AND I'M TELLING YOU, I'M NOT GOING"!..GOOD LUCK 2U & UR SINGING CAREER!” Holliday tweeted on her personal account @jennifersspot.

The Tony Award-winning actress turned gospel singer also showered praises for Filipino-Mexican Jessica Sanchez who gave a soulful rendition of the song on American Idol.

Holliday, who earned a Grammy award for “And I Am Telling You,” was elated that the 16-year-old Idol finalist mentioned her during her pre-performance interview.

“No words can express how I felt when Jessica mentioned my name with "The Light of Hope" in her Eyes!..She was AMAZING!” she said in reply to a query from a friend.

Shortly after Sanchez’s performance, “And I Am Telling You” became a top Twitter trend worldwide for more than an hour, spawning inquiries from fans of the show about whether or not Holliday approved of the young singer’s version.

They didn't need to worry about that.

After Sanchez earned her fourth standing ovation in the competition for her Top 4 performance, Holliday said she cried and posted several tweets encouraging her fans and friends to vote for her “little soul angel.”

“Wish Jessica was my daughter!..When I was 16 I also sang like Jessica does, they used to tell me that I had an "Old Soul"!:)” she posted on her Twitter account.

Who sang it better?

Here is Jennifer Holliday's Tony performance of the hit 'Dreamgirls' song:

Here is Jessica Sanchez's Top 4 performance of 'And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going':

Here is Charice's version of the song on her Ellen Degeneres show performance:

http://www.weheartcharice.com

koolerbeans

koolerbeans
Admin

v

https://weheartcharice.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum