weheartCHARICE
05/17/12 - Manila Bulletin - Charice Happy She Can Now Show Off 'The Real Me' Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

weheartCHARICE
05/17/12 - Manila Bulletin - Charice Happy She Can Now Show Off 'The Real Me' Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!
weheartCHARICE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charice Fan Site and Forum

CHARICE just completed:      The 2012 TOFA-NY Awards - Carnegie Hall, New York (10/27/12)           and            Charice Infinity Tour 2012 - Honolulu, Hawaii (11/03/12)

You are not connected. Please login or register

05/17/12 - Manila Bulletin - Charice Happy She Can Now Show Off 'The Real Me'

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

clothes_w

clothes_w
Admin

Charice Happy She Can Now Show Off 'The Real Me'
By ALEX VALENTIN BROSAS
May 17, 2012, 3:50pm
Manila Bulletin

05/17/12 - Manila Bulletin - Charice Happy She Can Now Show Off 'The Real Me' Untitled-1_1428
CHARICE: This is real, this is me.

MANILA, Philippines — International singer Charice has changed her look drastically and she’s proud of it.

“I’m extremely happy. Unbelievable! Like I could cry! Showing my tattoos, showing my hair, showing my outfit, I feel more free,” Charice said on “TV Patrol,” May 14.

The singer’s latest tattoo was done in Los Angeles and reads, “I never knew true love until someone broke my heart.”

But, when pressed about the story behind her newest tattoo, Charice clammed up. “‘Pag naglalagay ako talagang may meaning, may meaning. Kasi ayoko na naglalagay nang basta-basta na lang. Bakit ganyan kasi gano’n,” she said.

“Actually it’s a true story but I’d rather not tell the story. I know a lot of people kapag nabasa nila ‘yan makaka-relate,” she was quoted by abs-cbnnews.com on the same day.

“It’s part of the look and everything. Let’s just say it’s an accessory,” she said of her tattoos. Her first one, on her forearm, says “love eternally.”

The interview posted on ABS-CBN news website also delved on Charice’s sexuality.

Seemingly unaffected by rumors about her sexual orientation, she explained, “I don’t care whatever you think. As long as my fans love me and support me forever, I’m good with that.”

She added, “Whoever stays with me until the end of my career or whatever, those are the people [who trust me]. The others that still have doubts, questions, who are confused... I will understand.”

Charice feels she never changed her image, stressing that what she has become is her true persona.

“What you see right now is the real me. What you see before wasn’t me. A lot of people around me like in the US, like in here, they didn’t know what I really want. They were deciding for me. Like they were deciding, ‘Let’s do this, let’s gonna do that, do the curly hair.’ I didn’t get the chance to decide for myself,” she said.

“Now that I’m being so independent, while it’s early, I really, really want to tell all the people that I don’t care if you hate. I don’t care if you don’t like it,” she explained.

Charice is the youngest judge in the newest reality show of ABS-CBN, “The X Factor Philippines” hosted by KC Concepcion. Other judges are Pilita Corrales, Gary Valenciano and Martin Nievera.

As for the bad joke that Mo Twister instigated, making up the hashtag #charicepempengcosextape on Twitter, Charice only hinted that things may end up in court.

“I can’t talk [about it]. My lawyer told me,” she said.

Magic 89.9 slapped Mo and his two other fellow DJs with a two-week suspension without pay.

http://www.weheartcharice.com

hoz

CHAdmirer
CHAdmirer

I remember when I first grew my hair long (shoulder length, 1968) People would ask what got into me and I'd answer, "I've always felt the way I look right now".

I would rather hear Cha say, "I'm growing, and changing" rather than "that wasn't me" and "this is me". Hair, clothes, even tatoos, everything changes, but talent is enduring. I'll support her no matter what.

clothes_w

clothes_w
Admin

hoz wrote:I remember when I first grew my hair long (shoulder length, 1968) People would ask what got into me and I'd answer, "I've always felt the way I look right now".

I would rather hear Cha say, "I'm growing, and changing" rather than "that wasn't me" and "this is me". Hair, clothes, even tatoos, everything changes, but talent is enduring. I'll support her no matter what.

I agree.

tonettesky_chaster

I'm not going to say anything about Charice's "image change" as I don't have the time nor inclination at the moment. What I don't understand is why Charice hardly tweets anymore. I'm a new fan, by the way, and from what I've seen so far from her old videos, old twitter posts and old vlogs (it's easy to tell what the operative word is here), I am inclined to say that one of the reasons she has some of the most fiercely loyal fanbases on this Earth is how she used to be really in touch with her fans, regularly reaching out to them through her vlogs, tweets, ambush photo-ops, etc. I mean, what's a few minutes once a week to tweet her fans about whatever the heck she's doing...yes yes, I know she doesn't owe us that, just her music and her talent, getting off my soapbox now.....

hoz

CHAdmirer
CHAdmirer

Charice has worked HARD to get where she is today. From a very young age she's been working, practicing and competing. At one point she didn't think it was worth it and almost quit. (Darkest before that dawn.)

But fate and Oprah changed all that.

She may be tired. Cha is independently wealthy now and she doesn't need to monitor the internet anymore. Maybe she wants her privacy, Chasters want to know everything that happends to her, I imagine it can get old.

The past 5 years have been a whirlwind for her and she rode it like the professional she is. I don't blame her for taking a beather, maybe reevaluating, and deciding where she wants to go from here.

Last edited by hoz on May 23rd 2012, 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : punctuation)

clothes_w

clothes_w
Admin

tonettesky_chaster wrote:I'm not going to say anything about Charice's "image change" as I don't have the time nor inclination at the moment. What I don't understand is why Charice hardly tweets anymore. I'm a new fan, by the way, and from what I've seen so far from her old videos, old twitter posts and old vlogs (it's easy to tell what the operative word is here), I am inclined to say that one of the reasons she has some of the most fiercely loyal fanbases on this Earth is how she used to be really in touch with her fans, regularly reaching out to them through her vlogs, tweets, ambush photo-ops, etc. I mean, what's a few minutes once a week to tweet her fans about whatever the heck she's doing...yes yes, I know she doesn't owe us that, just her music and her talent, getting off my soapbox now.....

At this stage, I would be happy if she would just promote her upcoming shows on Twitter.

bluedanube

CHAster
CHAster

I have no problem with the "new" charice.
her decision had to do with her whole hard life, so why judge her so shortsighted (like some journalists etc.)

I found the valentine show of this year especially modern and cool. highest level, including the band.
still, I have experienced stage myself, and I found a few little symptoms that she had worked too hard for a long time.
so, her work with x-factor and other, helps her to keep contact, while she can take it slower.
I am sure, after some time, we will see a new charice again, for she is an artist and will always create something. and she told she has plans.

in short, I am looking forward to her future.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum