weheartCHARICE
11/06/12 - Manila Bulletin - Charice And Zendee: The Battle of the YouTube Sensations Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!

Charice Fan Site and Forum

CHARICE just completed:      The 2012 TOFA-NY Awards - Carnegie Hall, New York (10/27/12)           and            Charice Infinity Tour 2012 - Honolulu, Hawaii (11/03/12)

You are not connected. Please login or register

11/06/12 - Manila Bulletin - Charice And Zendee: The Battle of the YouTube Sensations

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

benjandy

benjandy
CHAnnoisseur
CHAnnoisseur
http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/380240/charice-and-zendee-the-battle-youtube-sensations#.UMDU0ORwqSo

Charice And Zendee: The Battle of the YouTube Sensations

By ROWENA JOY A. SANCHEZ
November 6, 2012, 4:05pm

11/06/12 - Manila Bulletin - Charice And Zendee: The Battle of the YouTube Sensations Charic11
Filipino prides in their own right: Charice and Zendee (Publicity photos)

MANILA, Philippines – In varying degrees, both Charice and Zendee Rose Tenerefe have shown the world the Filipinos' incredible prowess when it comes to singing. The story gets a darker twist, however, when these two talented ladies are being pitted against each other as if they’re in some boxing match.

Fresh from her guest appearance on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show”— where Charice made her debut US appearance in 2007—Zendee (a.k.a. “Random Girl”) got a controversial “baptism of fire” via the most accessible but notorious platform of cyberspace. Some speculated that the 21-year-old belter has ill feelings towards Charice when she supposedly re-tweeted (RT) this post: “#KMJS i love zendee! And i hate Charice. Si Zendee kasi simple. Si charice naman pasosyal.”

The said post naturally drew a mix of concern and dismay from Charice’s fans—the Chasters—who took note of Zendee’s earlier declarations that she’s pro-Charice.

Responding to, perhaps, a flood of netizen queries, Zendee admitted on Nov. 3 that she made an accidental “RT” while “favoriting” various positive and negative comments she found about her.

“Haiz, wag naman po sensitive. haaaay! Tao lang. nagkakamali,” she posted.

A Charice fan then asked Zendee why she “entertains” bashers of the international singing sensation. To this the General Santos City native explained, “Sorry,di ko mina mind kung basher or fan.Nagti thank you lang aq sa mga taong natutuwa skin,wag na gawan pa ng issue.”

Zendee hopes against hope that the issue won’t reach Charice, and even told her fellow fans, “CHASTERS (like me) SORRY and I LOVE YOU ALL GUYS!”

As a seeming plea to those who might be sizing her up against Charice, Zendee tweeted, “I hope lahat po tayo magiging masaya <3 Wala pong compare :'< at mag sabi ng masama..love you all.”

In a recent Twitter correspondence with “X Factor Philippines” grand winner KZ Tandingan, whom she calls “kambal,” Zendee even expressed her interest in meeting Charice, who happened to have mentored KZ.

It wouldn’t be their first encounter, though. Zendee faced Charice and the rest of the “X Factor Philippines” mentor-judges when she auditioned for the show.

Charice seemed to have been impressed by Zendee’s talent. In a recent interview, the latter recalled Charice telling her at the audition, “I think you’ll be the next me!”

Well, with the outpour of opportunities coming Zendee’s way, Charice might be right.

11/06/12 - Manila Bulletin - Charice And Zendee: The Battle of the YouTube Sensations 1zz18v10

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum