weheartCHARICE
06/03/2013 - ABS-CBN - CBCP official: Charice has 'identity crisis' Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

weheartCHARICE
06/03/2013 - ABS-CBN - CBCP official: Charice has 'identity crisis' Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!
weheartCHARICE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charice Fan Site and Forum

CHARICE just completed:      The 2012 TOFA-NY Awards - Carnegie Hall, New York (10/27/12)           and            Charice Infinity Tour 2012 - Honolulu, Hawaii (11/03/12)

You are not connected. Please login or register

06/03/2013 - ABS-CBN - CBCP official: Charice has 'identity crisis'

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

benjandy

benjandy
CHAnnoisseur
CHAnnoisseur

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/lifestyle/06/03/13/cbcp-official-charice-has-identity-crisis

CBCP official: Charice has 'identity crisis'

ABS-CBNnews.com | 06/03/2013 4:49 PM

MANILA, Philippines – An official of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines (CBCP) has weighed in on the recent “coming out” of Charice, saying that the Filipina international singer is “experiencing an identity crisis.”

In an interview with the Manila Bulletin newspaper which was published on Monday, Fr. Melvin Castro, executive secretary of the CBCP’s Episcopal Commission on Family and Life, said the public should not “pre-judge” Charice and instead “guide her with her sexual orientation.”

“In this time of her life that she is experiencing an identity crisis regarding her sexual orientation, we would rather not pre-judge her,” Castro told the newspaper.

“Let’s hope that there will be people out there that will help guide her with her sexual orientation called same-sex attraction,” he added.

While the Catholic Church in the Philippines does not condemn homosexuality, it does not tolerate homosexual acts.

Castro said people should make Charice realize that “having a same-sex attraction does not mean that she has to engage in a (homosexual) relationship.”

“This is I think where her family and friends should come in and intervene to help her,” he said.

In an exclusive interview with Boy Abunda on the ABS-CBN entertainment talk show “The Buzz” that aired on Sunday, Charice admitted that she is a lesbian, clearing speculations about her sexual preference.

“Gusto kong humingi ng patawad sa mga hindi nakaintindi. Sa mga hindi makakaunawa, sa mga hindi ako matatanggap, sorry po. Naiintindihan ko po kayo. Pero sa mga tanggap ako, maraming, maraming salamat po,” [Now I want to ask forgiveness to those who don’t understand, to those who can’t accept me. I’m sorry. I can understand. For those who will accept and can accept me, thank you very much.], she said.

Several Internet users took to the microblogging site Twitter moments after Charice’s interview was aired to express their support for the singer.

Can one overcome homosexuality?

Can Charice be “guided” with her homosexual orientation, as Castro suggested?

There is a continuing debate over the cause of homosexuality – whether it is a natural occurrence, or an individual choice. Some people believe that homosexuals will remain such for the rest of their lives, but others think it can be changed.

Among those who believe the latter is a former gay comedian who claims to have become a straight man with the help of his religious faith. Anthony Roquel, formerly known as Tonette Macho in the 1980s sitcom “Iskul Bukol,” said in a previous interview that he decided to “switch” genders at age 32.

Now, he spends the rest of his life as a conservative, believing that God only created men and women, and not homosexuals.

“Homosexuality is a change. It’s a choice. If you want to get out of it, you really have to make a choice,” Roquel, who pointed to an absentee father as one of the reasons why he grew up gay, said in a radio interview last year.

“Hirap na hirap ako. Hindi ito overnight na pagbabago. Faith ko ang kinapitan ko,” [I was in a struggle. It's not an overnight change. I took counsel on my faith.], added the former gay comedian, who is now a Born Again Christian.

But Heart Diño, the first transgender student head of the University of the Philippines, believes that God created homosexuals, too.

“Sobrang powerful niya [He's very powerful] (God), kaya niyang mag-create ng gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transgenders. Ang Diyos ko po ay mapagmahal at ‘di siya marunong manghusga,” [he can create gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transgenders.My God is very loving and He doesn't know how to judge.], Diño said in a previous interview.

as of 06/03/2013 5:23 PM

206/03/2013 - ABS-CBN - CBCP official: Charice has 'identity crisis' Empty The Catholic Church and Homosexuality June 3rd 2013, 2:47 pm

khatman

khatman
Legend
Legend

The Catholic Church should be the last entity to condemn homosexual acts. Here in the US the church has lost membership, largely because it has turned a blind eye to homosexual acts committed by pedophiles within its ranks. On a personal basis my wife was the school nurse in a catholic grade school. After years of molesting young boys the priest in charge was confronted and told to leave the school. If he were an not a priest he would have seen time in prison.

There are some who would argue that a male pedophile is not a homosexual. Yes he is when the victims are boys.

bluedanube

CHAster
CHAster

there are many gay comedians on TV, some very famous and popular.
there is aiza, she is accepted and safe. though some people won't ever stop bickering.
so when blowback continues, it must have a special reason.
maybe because charice is very independent and needs to fear no human.
many these comedians are very dependent on the mercy of their employers in the media managements.
they have to make fools of themselves to be accepted.
charice is very serious, though she can deliver great humor.

406/03/2013 - ABS-CBN - CBCP official: Charice has 'identity crisis' Empty Charice can be funny June 5th 2013, 3:02 pm

khatman

khatman
Legend
Legend

June 15 2011 Charice is pitching LifeSaver Gummies - the Orange flavor - location Bowl Mor Lanes NYC

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/06/15/charice-glee-justin-bieber/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum