weheartCHARICE
04/11/12 - ABS-CBN News - Filipino successes in Hollywood chronicled in new book Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

weheartCHARICE
04/11/12 - ABS-CBN News - Filipino successes in Hollywood chronicled in new book Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!
weheartCHARICE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charice Fan Site and Forum

CHARICE just completed:      The 2012 TOFA-NY Awards - Carnegie Hall, New York (10/27/12)           and            Charice Infinity Tour 2012 - Honolulu, Hawaii (11/03/12)

You are not connected. Please login or register

04/11/12 - ABS-CBN News - Filipino successes in Hollywood chronicled in new book

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

clothes_w

clothes_w
Admin

Filipino successes in Hollywood chronicled in new book
ABS-CBNnews.com
Posted at 04/11/2012 4:26 PM | Updated as of 04/11/2012 4:26 PM

MANILA, Philippines – With an extensive array of interviews with Filipinos who made it big in Hollywood, a US-based journalist has launched a book chronicling his one-on-one meetings with international personalities who have Filipino blood.

04/11/12 - ABS-CBN News - Filipino successes in Hollywood chronicled in new book Rubennepales
Entertainment journalist Ruben Nepales at the launch of his
book at Powerbooks Greenbelt 4 in Makati City

Nepales, whose column in the Philippine Daily Inquirer focuses on international entertainment news, said it has become his “mission” to highlight the successes of Filipinos in the United States.

His book, “My Filipino Connection: The Philippines in Hollywood,” gathers years of interviews with celebrities and professionals who have made the country proud.

“Advocacy ko na i-highlight ang Filipinos who are doing well in Hollywood and all over the world,” Nepales said during the launch of his book on Tuesday.

"My advocacy is to highlight Filipinos who are doing well in Hollywood and all over the world," Nepales said during the launch of his book on Tuesday.

“Parang naging misyon ko na. In fact, ang joke sa ’kin ng mga kasama ko sa journalism, every time na lang meron akong itatanong, merong Filipino connection.”

"It's like it became my mission. In fact, the joke about me among my journalism colleagues is everytime I have a question, it has a Filipino connection."

Citing “Glee” actor Darren Criss, whose mother hails from Cebu, Nepales said his colleagues in the US are always surprised to know of Hollywood celebrities’ “Filipino connection.”

He said he is also happy that the younger generation of Fil-Am personalities are proud of their Pinoy heritage.

“There was a time na parang tinatago pa nila ang kanilang Filipino heritage. Pero ngayon, lalo na ang mga kabataan, proud sila sa kanilang heritage,” Nepales said.

"There was a time when it's like they're hiding their Filipino heritage. But now, especially the youths, they're proud of their heritage," Nepales said.

“Noon, sasabihin pa nila, ‘Hindi ako Filipino, but a mixture of Malay, Chinese, Indonesian,’ whatever. The younger ones are proud, they’re raised that way. They’re proud to be different.”

"Back then, they would say, 'I'm not Filipino, but a mixture of Malay, Chinese, Indonesia,' whatever. The younger ones are proud, they’re raised that way. They’re proud to be different.”

My Filipino Connection” boasts a collection of interviews with Fil-Am Hollywood personalities including Vanessa Hudgens, Charice Pempengco, Darren Criss, Oscar nominees Hailee Steinfeld and Matthew Libatique, Tony DeZuñiga, Alec Mapa, Bernardo Bernardo and Anna Maria Perez de Tagle.

The book is published by Anvil Publishing, Inc.

http://www.weheartcharice.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum