weheartCHARICE
05/15/12 - Philippine Daily Inquirer - DJ Mo says radio rivalry led him to hurt Charice Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

weheartCHARICE
05/15/12 - Philippine Daily Inquirer - DJ Mo says radio rivalry led him to hurt Charice Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!
weheartCHARICE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charice Fan Site and Forum

CHARICE just completed:      The 2012 TOFA-NY Awards - Carnegie Hall, New York (10/27/12)           and            Charice Infinity Tour 2012 - Honolulu, Hawaii (11/03/12)

You are not connected. Please login or register

05/15/12 - Philippine Daily Inquirer - DJ Mo says radio rivalry led him to hurt Charice

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

clothes_w

clothes_w
Admin

DJ Mo says radio rivalry led him to hurt Charice
By: Dolly Anne Carvajal
Philippine Daily Inquirer

May 15, 2012 | 11:19 pm

Controversy seems to be DJ Mo Twister’s middle name. He’s in the news again because of the Twitter hashtag that he and his co-DJs in Magic 89.9 coined for Charice in jest. He’s gentleman enough to have apologized. To show his remorse, he accepted the consequence of his actions—Magic 89.9 management suspended him for two weeks without pay. Hush, hashtag, hush…

Here’s Mo’s account of the controversy which he sent to me via e-mail:

“Obviously, I feel terrible about hurting Charice’s feelings with our insensitive humor. For those who didn’t hear the segment, we were attempting to compete with the morning show on RX 93.1 that does a tweet hashtag everyday named after their show, ‘TheMorningRush.’ So on that day, we thought it was a good idea to try to trend something, too. We said on air that it had to be ‘something outrageous and impossible to believe’ in order to mock the other station. Hence, we came up with the Charice jag because we knew no one would believe it and the content on the tweets were supposed to not be related to her at all.

“Because we were working on the impression that it was so bogus and impossible, we left out the possibility of Charice getting offended. That was our fatal mistake. It doesn’t matter if we clearly implied that it wasn’t true, it was a bad decision on our part. We are not a tabloid. We weren’t attempting to state a fact or create a negative issue for Charice. We were being greedy in this network rivalry and chose to try to be funny and we hurt a friend of our show. We feel terrible and hope to make it up to Charice any way we can. I called her immediately after the show because I heard she was hurt. I apologized for our stupidity. I told her that we should be suspended for our actions and I gave her the choice to choose how long she thought that suspension should be. If she said, one month, three months, etc., I would have recommended to the station that we be suspended for that long. Her team said she wouldn’t do such a thing because she was not that kind of a person—another testament to how amazing she is as a person. Both personally and publicly, I would like to apologize to Charice because she is a friend of ours. And to those that help build her career and to the fans who support her, we would also like to express to you all that we are very embarrassed at our actions and are very sorry for it.”

Meantime, Mo said he would keep himself busy with raising his new puppy. “He’s been kind of an artista dog recently,” Mo said. “He’s been in the newspaper here in NY and is the neighborhood hit. So maybe I will take him to some VTRs for commercials.”

Love Mo, love his dog. Is his bark worse than his bite?

http://www.weheartcharice.com

chargepads

chargepads
CHAster
CHAster

Owned up Mo! Your pathetic excuse does not fly. You were always been a "closet" hater to Charice. I always say, "if you find yourself in the hole, stop digging!" 05/15/12 - Philippine Daily Inquirer - DJ Mo says radio rivalry led him to hurt Charice 600999187

clothes_w

clothes_w
Admin

^Haha. True. I remember reading a tweet from him months ago about trending that offending hashtag about Charice. For whatever reason, he's got something against Charice for quite some time now.

http://www.weheartcharice.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum