weheartCHARICE
06/09/12 - Manny Pacquiao vs. Timothy Bradley Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

weheartCHARICE
06/09/12 - Manny Pacquiao vs. Timothy Bradley Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!
weheartCHARICE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charice Fan Site and Forum

CHARICE just completed:      The 2012 TOFA-NY Awards - Carnegie Hall, New York (10/27/12)           and            Charice Infinity Tour 2012 - Honolulu, Hawaii (11/03/12)

You are not connected. Please login or register

06/09/12 - Manny Pacquiao vs. Timothy Bradley

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

clothes_w

clothes_w
Admin

Timothy Bradley shocks Manny Pacquiao in a split decision
Unbeaten Bradley defeats eight-time champion Pacquiao with a controversial decision, taking the WBO welterweight title and throwing boxing's mega-fight further up in the air.

06/09/12 - Manny Pacquiao vs. Timothy Bradley 600
Timothy Bradley lands a right to the head of Manny Pacquiao during the first round. (Chris Carlson / Associated Press / June 9, 2012)

By Lance Pugmire
June 9, 2012, 11:30 p.m.
In a stunning slight to punch statistics — and the naked eyes of most everyone else — two Nevada judges Saturday scored that Timothy Bradley upset Manny Pacquiao.

Judges C.J. Ross and Duane Ford gave Bradley a 115-113 edge in the WBO welterweight title fight at MGM Grand Garden Arena, while judge Jerry Roth scored the bout 115-113 for Pacquiao.

Pacquiao, who relied on his power and speed to repeatedly back up Bradley while fighting with an obvious sense that Bradley could not hurt him, said he will invoke his right for a rematch in November.

That probably further delays a Pacquiao showdown withFloyd Mayweather Jr.until at least 2013.

Asked whether he beat Bradley, Pacquiao said in the ring, "No doubt."

Boos among the 14,206 in attendance cascaded in the arena upon the announcement of the scores, and veteran fight observers were left to reach back nearly 20 years for a more stunning decision.

Palm Springs' Bradley said although he was pained by a twisted left ankle in the second round that bothered him until the sixth, he believed he rallied to win the fight.

Despite a 158-80 lead by Pacquiao on connected punches after seven rounds, Ross and Ford each awarded Bradley five of the final six rounds even though Pacquiao backed Bradley to the ropes in both the eighth and ninth rounds, and was tapping mitts urging the new champion to "Come on" and fight. Bradley appeared reduced to jabbing in the 11th round.

"Manny hurt me a few times with his left hand. He's a beast," Bradley said. "But my corner told me if I won the last round, I'd win the fight.

"I've got to give Manny a rematch."

Bradley was jarred often by Pacquiao — in the third round by a hard left, he reeled and wobbled off the ropes from a hard left hand and combination in the fourth, and hammered at a neutral corner post in the sixth.

"Unbelievable," fight promoter Bob Arum told reporters afterward. "I had it 10-2," for Pacquiao, adding that Bradley's manager, Cameron Dunkin, told him ringside he scored the fight 8-4 for the Filipino superstar.

In November, Pacquiao won a controversial decision over Juan Manuel Marquez.

"This is nuts," Arum said. "People don't know what they're watching anymore. I'm going to make a lot of money [in a rematch] but who's going to take this sport seriously?"

Pacquiao shook his head in amazement to reporters, and made a prayer sign.

"He never hurt me with his punches," Pacquiao said. "I did my best. I guess my best wasn't good enough. Most of his punches hit my arm. I don't know what happened."

CompuBox showed Pacquiao connected on 253 punches to Bradley's 159, with a 63-51 advantage in jabs and 190-108 in power punches.

Many reporters at ringside unofficially scored the bout for Pacquiao in the 9-3 to 11-1 range.

In keeping with an odd pre-fight atmosphere around Pacquiao, the fighters' entry was delayed more than 45 minutes while Pacquiao trainer Freddie Roach declared he briefly couldn't find his fighter.

Pacquiao was later located in an adjoining room, stretching his calves on a treadmill. The calves gave him problems in disappointing decision victories over Marquez and Shane Mosley in his two most recent fights.

But Pacquiao has spoken of flipping a switch to convert to fight mode. The "on" button was the savage look he greeted Bradley with before the opening bell, and the remaining rounds seemed to assure the same old Pacquiao existed.

If you asked Pacquiao, it was just the judges who seemingly turned off.

Source

http://www.weheartcharice.com

clothes_w

clothes_w
Admin

Celebrity reactions om Twitter haha
06/09/12 - Manny Pacquiao vs. Timothy Bradley 600845_2273197007075_396176492_n

06/09/12 - Manny Pacquiao vs. Timothy Bradley 13820_DA6Bm4Aq832lUtJ

One of the many post-fight reaction vide. WARNING!!! Explicit language! haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VLirb8LMvo

Last edited by clothes_w on June 10th 2012, 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total

clothes_w

clothes_w
Admin

On another note, here are the national anthems:

NATIONAL ANTHEM SINGERS KIRBY ASUNTO(RP) AND JESSICA SANCHEZ(USA) ON PACQUIAO VS BRADLEY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbZ52SZ_ZYM

Last edited by clothes_w on June 11th 2012, 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total

clothes_w

clothes_w
Admin

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/06/10/the-timothy-bradley-manny-pacquiao-rematch-poster-was-already-made-two-weeks-ago/

The Timothy Bradley-Manny Pacquiao Rematch Poster Was Already Made Two Weeks Ago
Boxing, Shady McShadyJason LiskJune 10th. 2012, 9:30am

06/09/12 - Manny Pacquiao vs. Timothy Bradley AuFgW0YCMAAeMPF

Are you ready for Manny Pacquiao – Timothy Bradley II? Timothy Bradley tweeted out this photo back on May 29th, 11 days before the fight that was so controversial that it demands a rematch.*

As you can tell from the poster, the match is set for November 10, and the tickets–hey, what do you know–are available right now.

At this point, we should remind you that Bob Arum is the promoter for both Pacquiao and Bradley. If this had been scored a decisive victory for Pacquiao, there is no rematch or at least one that is desired by the public. Arum acted upset after the fight, saying he had it 10 rounds to 2 for Pacquiao. He also told Kevin Iole, “”This is a death knell for boxing, and I’m going to make a ton of money on the rematch.”

Yeah, well, Arum’s product, for which they were already publishing rematch posters, became far more relevant–and despite the protests the sport of boxing is being talked about this morning–because of what happened last night.

06/09/12 - Manny Pacquiao vs. Timothy Bradley Timothy-bradley

Oh, and then there was this picture of Timothy Bradley in a wheelchair at the post fight press conference. Nothing says dominance like a wheel chair. Honestly, at this point, all we need is Mean Gene Okerlund.

*not really, at least as to “the demanding a rematch” part

[wheel chair photo via @BryanAGraham]

clothes_w

clothes_w
Admin

WBO assigns five judges to re-score Pacquiao-Bradley fight

06/09/12 - Manny Pacquiao vs. Timothy Bradley 600
Although many at ringside gave Manny Pacquiao between nine and 11 rounds in Saturday night title fight, he lost by split decision to Timothy Bradley. (Joe Klamar / AFP/Getty Images / June 13, 2012)

By Lance Pugmire
Los Angeles Times, June 13, 2012, 12:52 p.m.

The World Boxing Organization on Wednesday announced it has assigned five judges to re-score Manny Pacquiao's controversial loss by decision to Palm Springs' Timothy Bradley in an effort to convince state commissions to widen the pool of judges for major fights.

Although many at ringside for Saturday's fight gave Pacquiao between nine and 11 rounds, judges Duane Ford and C.J. Ross scored the bout 115-113 (seven rounds to five) in Bradley's favor, and a third Nevada judge, Jerry Roth, had it 115-113 for Pacquiao in the WBO welterweight title contest.

WBO President Francisco "Paco" Valcarcel said five judges, from New Jersey, Connecticut, Florida, Pennsylvania and Puerto Rico, will re-score the bout and submit their work confidentially to the WBO, with the scores to be gathered by Monday.

Valcarcel said that armed with that information, he will submit to the Assn. of Boxing Commissions by its July meeting a request that state commissions such as Nevada's work more diligently to bring in judges from outside their states for fights of the magnitude of a world title contest.

Before the Pacquiao-Bradley judges were assigned by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, Valcarcel said he submitted a list of 20 judges from elsewhere who could be assigned to the bout. None were chosen.

"We're asking the ABC to make recommendations how a sanctioning body like ours can work better with a state commission, to use this experience to have better scoring in the future," Valcarcel said.

Valcarcel said he is not considering stripping the WBO belt from Bradley, and will not order a mandatory rematch, because Pacquiao's contract stipulates he would get a rematch if he lost the bout. In promoting the fight, Bradley had printed up a poster and ticket hyping Bradley-Pacquiao II on Nov. 10.

"This wasn't Bradley's fault, and we're not saying there was any evidence of fraud or corruption here," Valcarcel said. "That's outside the scope of what we're doing."

He said he's also not questioning the integrity of Ford or Ross.

"There are excellent judges available internationally, and they should be considered," Valcarcel said. "We've done it here in Puerto Rico, bringing in judges from Nevada."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum