weheartCHARICE
06/16/12 - PEP - Martin Nievera in OPM Icons concert at the Arena tonight Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

weheartCHARICE
06/16/12 - PEP - Martin Nievera in OPM Icons concert at the Arena tonight Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!
weheartCHARICE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charice Fan Site and Forum

CHARICE just completed:      The 2012 TOFA-NY Awards - Carnegie Hall, New York (10/27/12)           and            Charice Infinity Tour 2012 - Honolulu, Hawaii (11/03/12)

You are not connected. Please login or register

06/16/12 - PEP - Martin Nievera in OPM Icons concert at the Arena tonight

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

clothes_w

clothes_w
Admin

Martin defends Charice as X Factor judge
Martin Nievera in OPM Icons concert at the Arena tonight

Melba R. Llanera
Saturday, June 16, 2012 @ 01:53PM

06/16/12 - PEP - Martin Nievera in OPM Icons concert at the Arena tonight 2f5fb2891
Martin Nievera on being a judge on X Factor Philippines: "I don’t know if I’m a good judge, I know that I’m a first-time judge, so I’m asking all of you who’ll watch, have pity on me. I try to be a nice judge, pero ang hirap talaga ng trabaho ng judge, lalo na dito sa Philippines dahil iba ang sense of humor at breaking point ng pikon. At [iba ang] pikon ng Pinoy, or Asians for that matter, [compared to] X Factor UK [or] Australia," he says.
Photo By: Noel Orsal

JUDGE MARTIN ON X FACTOR. Isa si Martin sa mga judges sa programang X Factor Philippines, kasama si Gary Valenciano, Charice Pempengco and Ms. Pilita Corales.

Martin is one of the judges on the program, X Factor Philippines, along with Gary Valenciano, Charice Pempengco and Ms. Pilita Corales.

Ikinuwento sa amin ng Concert King na dito niya napatunayan na napakaraming mahuhusay na Filipino talents na hindi pa lang talaga nabibigyan ng tsantsa.

The Concert King related to us that here is where it was proven that there are a lot of great Filipino talents that have just not been given the chance.

Ibinahagi niya rin sa amin kung gaano ka-challenging ang papel nila bilang hurado sa nasabing bagong programa ng ABS-CBN.

He also explained to us how challenging their roles are as judges in the aforementioned program on ABS-CBN.

“My hair is standing [on end] just by saying X Factor dahil alam ko yung results, alam ko yung dinaanan as judge.

"My hair is standing [on end] just by saying X Factor because I know the results, I know what we went through as judge.

"I don’t know if I’m a good judge, I know that I’m a first-time judge, so I’m asking all of you who’ll watch, have pity on me.

"I try to be a nice judge, pero ang hirap talaga ng trabaho ng judge, lalo na dito sa Philippines dahil iba ang sense of humor at breaking point ng pikon.

"I try to be a nice judge, but a judge's job is difficult, especially here in the Philippines because the sense of humor and the breaking point for the sensitive ones are different.

"At [iba ang] pikon ng Pinoy, or Asians for that matter, [compared to] X Factor UK [or] Australia.

"And the sensitivity is different for Pinoys, or Asians for that matter, [compared to] X Factor UK [or] Australia.

"They want us to be a little bit more British, much more sarcastic like Simon na, 'You’re not good, don’t waste our time.'

“I don’t think kaya ng Pinoy ‘yan. I can’t speak for Gary, Charice or Tita Pilita.

"I don't think Pinoys are able to do that. I can't speak for Gary, Charice or Tita Pilita.

"Ako, dinadaan ko na lang sa pagpapatawa, sa sense of humor. Gusto nila ng kaunting friction sa mga judges, pero ang friction namin nila Gary, Charice and Tita Pilita tungkol sa constructive criticism.

"For me, I just deal with it through laughter, through sense of humor. They want a little friction between the judges, but the friction with me, Gary, Charice and Tita Pilita are about constructive criticism.

"Si Gar sobrang technical, ako sobrang maarte.”

"Gary is very technical, I am very picky."

WHY CHARICE? Sa pagsisimula ng X Factor Philippines, isa sa nakuwesityon ay ang pagkakapili kay Charice dahil napakabata pa raw nito maging judge at parang kulang pa sa kaalaman kahit pa nga naging international singer na ito.

At the start of X Factor Philippines, one of the questions is the selection of Charice because she is still too young to be a judge and perhaps lacking in knowledge even though she has become an international singer.

Dinepensa naman agad ito sa amin ni Martin.

Martin immediately defended her to us.

“Feeling ko yun ang unang mararamdaman ng tao... Pero pag dating sa lasa ng music, sa bagong tunog, sa bagong beat, mas lamang si Charice sa lahat.

"I feel that's what people felt in the beginning...But when it comes to musical taste, new sounds, new beats, Charice has an edge compared to everyone.

"She’s been through David Foster, recording with RNB, hip hop and the rappers of the world, so [she knows] what's new.

"We’re looking for that X Factor, yung buong package na hindi lang magaling kumanta.

"We're looking for that X Factor, the whole package which is not just about great singing.

"We’re looking for that certain something na di puwedeng i-define, dun magaling si Charice.

"We're looking for that certain something that can't be defined, that's where Charice excels.

"She knows when she is being fooled, she knows when parang kaboses ni ganito, ni ganyan," ayon kay Martin.

"She knows when she is being fooled, she knows when the voice is similar to this and that," according to Martin.

"Alam na alam niya, parang she’s been there, done that and yet she’s so young.

"She really knows, it's like she's been there, done that and yet she's so young.

"Tita Pilita on one end, Charice on the other.

"Gary and I are in the middle. So it’s nice to watch X Factor, I hope everybody watches it, June 23 na ang start.

“Actually sa lahat ng mga judges, favorite ko si Charice kasi parang alam niyang mag-judge talaga, magaling siyang mag-decide.

"Actually of all the judges, Charice is my favorite because she really knows how to judge, she is good at making decisions.

"Kung may kaunting friction sa mga judges, ang deciding factor ay si Charice. Can you believe that? Siya kasi, she’s always right.”

"If there is a little friction among the judges, Charice is the deciding factor. Can you believe that? Because she's always right."

Only X Factor and Charice exerpts are posted and translated above. To read the entire article, click HERE

http://www.weheartcharice.com

bluedanube

CHAster
CHAster

I strongly support martin's opinion.

about the cultural issue, I appreciate that he is outspoken.
IMHO PH is a leading country with its showbiz, and need not "franchise".

x-factor is one of the better shows, but in general, I must say these angloamerican formats had negative impact on german culture, exactly from the point martin is making.
their kind of humor creates negativity in our hearts. we are not up to it and we don't ever need. just my opinion.
our genuine sarcasm can blend with that attitude in a way that can be hurtful to artists and to progress of culture.
because it leads to "boulevard" behaviour and devalues musical interest and the work of the artists, who still may have some imperfection.
--

anyway, charice will be a good judge because she knows all that too. she can handle it with honor, she made that experience in the west, she knows to avoid disgrace.

hope she will discover a couple of world class talents. good luck!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum