weheartCHARICE
03/04/2013 - ABS-CBN - Mommy Raquel misses old Charice Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

weheartCHARICE
03/04/2013 - ABS-CBN - Mommy Raquel misses old Charice Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!
weheartCHARICE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charice Fan Site and Forum

CHARICE just completed:      The 2012 TOFA-NY Awards - Carnegie Hall, New York (10/27/12)           and            Charice Infinity Tour 2012 - Honolulu, Hawaii (11/03/12)

You are not connected. Please login or register

03/04/2013 - ABS-CBN - Mommy Raquel misses old Charice

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

benjandy

benjandy
CHAnnoisseur
CHAnnoisseur

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/03/04/13/mommy-raquel-misses-old-charice

Mommy Raquel misses old Charice

By Reyma Buan-Deveza, ABS-CBNnews.com
Posted at 03/04/2013 1:08 PM | Updated as of 03/04/2013 3:14 PM

03/04/2013 - ABS-CBN - Mommy Raquel misses old Charice 120212_charice2Charice. File photo

MANILA, Philippines -- Just like some of her fans, Raquel Pempengco also misses the old Charice.

"Noon kasing menor de edad pa siya, ako ang nagde-decide para sa kanya -- 'yung ayos ng buhok, pananamit at mga friends. Siyempre nakaka-miss 'yon, inosente sa ayos. But now ang laki kasi ng pagbabago na kahit ako walang magawa," [When she was still of minor age, I make the decisions for her -- her hairstyle, clothings and friends. Ofcourse I miss those things, her innocent looks. But now, the change was tremendous that even I can't do anything], Pempengco told ABS-CBNnews.com on Monday.

But since the singer is turning 22 this May, Charice's mother said her daughter has all the right to decide for herself.

Still she reminded the singer to keep her Filipino values intact.

"Kasi sa US kapag 18 na, wala ng karapatan ang magulang. Pero remind ko lang kay Cha na ipinanganak ko siya dito at pinalaki sa ugaling Filipino. Sana ay huwag niyang kalimutan yon," [Because in the US if you turn 18, parents have no more rights (concerning their children). But I would like to remind Cha that I gave birth to her here and raised her on Filipino values. I hope she would never forget that.], she said.

In her previous interviews, Charice insisted that she is still the same old person despite her new looks.

The Filipino singer, who rose to international fame through YouTube and eventually appeared on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” and “Oprah,” has been criticized over her new, edgier image.

Charice had said she is disappointed that several people have been quick to judge her, with others even turning to social media sites to make fun of her.

Last month, the singer surprised her fans by changing her look yet again. Photos of Charice with short black hair with baby bangs and a new body mark under her collarbone were posted on the microblogging site Twitter.

The new hairdo drew mixed reactions from fans.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum