weheartCHARICE
05/10/12 - FemaleNetwork.com - 10 Lessons You Can Learn from Charice Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

weheartCHARICE
05/10/12 - FemaleNetwork.com - 10 Lessons You Can Learn from Charice Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!
weheartCHARICE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charice Fan Site and Forum

CHARICE just completed:      The 2012 TOFA-NY Awards - Carnegie Hall, New York (10/27/12)           and            Charice Infinity Tour 2012 - Honolulu, Hawaii (11/03/12)

You are not connected. Please login or register

05/10/12 - FemaleNetwork.com - 10 Lessons You Can Learn from Charice

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

clothes_w

clothes_w
Admin

May 10, 2012
10 Lessons You Can Learn from Charice
As this singer turns 20, FN lists 10 useful pieces of advice you can get from her experiences.
By Belle Yambao
Source: FemaleNetwork.com

It's been four years since Charice became a YouTube sensation and got help launching her international career from Ellen DeGeneres and Oprah. Now, this pint-sized girl is turning 20, and she continues to move forward and reach new highs in her journey to stardom. In April, for example, she bagged Favorite Asian Act at the 2012 Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards, a first for any Filipino.

Charice might be young, but she's already got a lot of experience under her belt. Scroll through the gallery below to find out what you can learn from her!

(All photos courtesy of PEP.ph)

05/10/12 - FemaleNetwork.com - 10 Lessons You Can Learn from Charice 01

1. BE YOURSELF.

In an interview with CNN's Talk Asia in 2011, Charice talked candidly about her climb to fame and how it hasn't changed her. "For me, I’m still me," she said. "But of course my life has changed a lot. From the hard life, from a really tough life, and now I actually gave stuff that I really wanted to give to my mom."

05/10/12 - FemaleNetwork.com - 10 Lessons You Can Learn from Charice 05

2. DON'T BE AFRAID TO TRY SOMETHING NEW.

Charice was criticized for her new hairstyle and tattoo when she arrived in Manila in March for the Manila leg of her Infinity concert tour, but she just shrugged off naysayers and openly embraced the changes she made to her style. "Whatever they think, maybe if I look [like] somebody or whoever, I don't mind. I mean, this is the look that I want, so the only thing you can do is to move on," she said.

05/10/12 - FemaleNetwork.com - 10 Lessons You Can Learn from Charice 02

3. BE PERSISTENT.

Despite her unquestionable talent, Charice has experienced rejection several times. She once told Rolling Stone Japan how she was immediately rejected for a singing competition after they saw how she looked, but when she came back wearing a skirt and makeup, they loved her. "It felt great actually 'cause I wanted to let them know that it's not just about the looks. It's about the talent; it's about your intention."

05/10/12 - FemaleNetwork.com - 10 Lessons You Can Learn from Charice 03

4. LEARN TO FORGIVE.

Charice had this to tell Rolling Stone Japan when the magazine asked her how she dealt with detractors: "As long you show them kindness and you show them that you're a strong person, they're the ones who are gonna give up."

When TV host Ogie Diaz posted negative tweets about Charice's fashion style in 2011 to the consternation of her fans, Charice forgave him and acknowledged that everyone has a right to his own opinions.

05/10/12 - FemaleNetwork.com - 10 Lessons You Can Learn from Charice 04

5. LOVE YOUR PARENTS.

Charice credits her mom for her success, especially because she taught her how to sing when she was young. “It’s hard to find a real best friend who you can share anything with, and I’m glad I have her,” she once told Total Girl. She also paid tribute to her father, who was slain in October 2011, by singing an emotional rendition of "Dance with My Father" in a special show aired on GMA-7.

05/10/12 - FemaleNetwork.com - 10 Lessons You Can Learn from Charice 06

6. STAY HUMBLE.

She might be famous now, but Charice continues to be modest about what she's achieved. She once told Total Girl that she continues to get advice from her mom. She also never forgets to look back at the people who have helped her get to where she is. This includes her superstar mentors Oprah Winfrey and David Foster.

05/10/12 - FemaleNetwork.com - 10 Lessons You Can Learn from Charice 07

7. BE THANKFUL.

Charice regularly keeps in contact with her fans, the Chasters, through her official Twitter account, @OfficialCharice. When she won a Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Award in April, she immediately thanked her fans for making the award happen. "Thank You, Chasters for all the hardwork. I love you all," she said in a tweet.

05/10/12 - FemaleNetwork.com - 10 Lessons You Can Learn from Charice 08

8. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF.

In an interview with Teen.com, Charice revealed that she still gets embarrassed when people rave about her voice, but she said she was also happy to finally be able to make her big dreams come true. "It makes me feel so proud, not only for myself, but for all the people that have the same dream as mine because I know that if I can do it, definitely they can do it."

05/10/12 - FemaleNetwork.com - 10 Lessons You Can Learn from Charice 09

9. AIM HIGH.

Charice already has a Billboard-topping hit and a Billboard-charting album to her name, but she dreams of getting further when it comes to how people view her music. "Gusto ko pong ma-recognize ng mga tao dun as a singer from Asia, not an Asian singer trying to be an American artist," she once said in an interview with Boy Abunda.

05/10/12 - FemaleNetwork.com - 10 Lessons You Can Learn from Charice 10

10. THINK POSITIVE.

Just like any other star, Charice has her fair share of critics, but she doesn't let them get her down. “Sometimes the worst part is that some people can’t take [the negativity], they are too weak to handle that kind of stuff. You just have to be strong about it,” she once told Celebuzz.com. “It’s just words coming out of other people, if they say ‘you’re ugly,’ it’s just a word—it’s never gonna kill you."

http://www.weheartcharice.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum