weheartCHARICE
05/31/12 - ABS-CBN News - Charice, Cheesa perform duet in US concert Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

weheartCHARICE
05/31/12 - ABS-CBN News - Charice, Cheesa perform duet in US concert Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!
weheartCHARICE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charice Fan Site and Forum

CHARICE just completed:      The 2012 TOFA-NY Awards - Carnegie Hall, New York (10/27/12)           and            Charice Infinity Tour 2012 - Honolulu, Hawaii (11/03/12)

You are not connected. Please login or register

05/31/12 - ABS-CBN News - Charice, Cheesa perform duet in US concert

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

clothes_w

clothes_w
Admin

Charice, Cheesa perform duet in US concert
By Don Tagala, ABS-CBN North America News Bureau
Posted at 05/31/2012 6:15 PM | Updated as of 05/31/2012 6:15 PM

MANILA, Philippines – International singing sensation Charice and “The Voice” contestant Cheesa Laureta gave the public a sneak preview of their upcoming collaboration when they performed a duet at a recent concert in California.

Charice and Laureta sang Whitney Houston’s “Saving All My Love for You” at the benefit concert “Para Sa Inyo Kapamilya” last Saturday at the City of Carson.

Calling Laureta “a great singer,” Charice said she is writing a song for the Filipino-American, who made it to the Top 12 in the just-concluded second season of “The Voice.”

“I love writing songs but this is the first time na talagang mag-collaborate ako with somebody who's Filipino and my friend,” Charice said. “I’m just very excited.”

Laureta’s brother is a member of Charice’s touring band and many of Charice fans supported Laureta during her stint on “The Voice.”

Charice said she is writing an R&B ballad that will showcase Laureta’s powerful voice.

“We’re looking for a Filipino superstar in the Philippines to be a featured artist,” Charice said. “Of course, probably the next song that will come out it's gonna be Cheesa featuring Charice… which is gonna be so, that'll be fun.”

Laureta said she’s excited to perform Charice’s composition for her.

“We’re going on a different route on this one. This is going to be something a little bit more edgy, it’s gonna be different,” she said.

Despite being eliminated on “The Voice,” Laureta thanked the show for allowing talented Filipinos to showcase their abilities to American viewers.

“With a lot of these reality TV shows like ‘American Idol’ and ‘The Voice,’ ‘X Factor,’ it opens a lot of avenues for us to show ourselves and showcase our talents,” she said.

“Filipinos are supportive and I feel proud to be one of the people to represent us and I hope I represent us well.”

http://www.weheartcharice.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum