KZ Tandingan in 'X Factor' Top 20; Osang out
Posted at 07/23/2012 12:28 PM | Updated as of 07/23/2012 6:24 PM
MANILA, Philippines -- Early favorite Kristine Zenny "KZ" Tandingan from Digos, who became an Internet sensation with her jazzy version of the classic "Over the Rainbow," has made the Top 20 of "The X Factor Philippines."
Tandingan cried after her name was called on Sunday when ABS-CBN's newest talent search finally announced its Top 20.
But it was a sad day for 31-year-old Jeffrey "Osang" Soliven, who drew a wild reaction from both the judges and the audience for her performance the hard rock song "Let The Body Set The Floor," didn't make the cut.
Rodrigo Lozon, 50, from Batangas, who also made a mark on viewers when he performed "Nothin' On You" by B.O.B. and Bruno Mars also didn't make it.
Christian Bautista's brother Jordan Bautista, who sang Al Green's "Let's Stay Together" during the auditions, also failed to crack the Top 20.
On the other hand, Modestor Taran from Cayagan de Oro, who made Charice cry with his performance of Frank Sinatra's "My Way," will continue his "X Factor" journey.
Fashion stylist Paolo Castro, the avid fan of the King of Pop Michael Jackson who stood out among the many hopefuls on the third week of "The X Factor Philippines" with his rendition of "The Way You Make Me Feel," also joins Tandingan and Taran in the Top 20.
The 20 finalists will be competing to become the country's first "X Factor" winner title, which comes with a grand prize of P4 million.
Below is the full list of the Top 20 finalists:
1. Anton Paulo Antenorcruz, 19, a worker in Singapore, who sang Guy Sebastian's "Angels Brought Me Here" in the auditions.
2. Jeric Medina, who performed South Border's R&B ballad "Love of My Life."
3. Michael Pangilinan, 16, who sang Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight."
4. Gabriel Maturan from Dapitan City, who sang Jason Mraz's hit "I'm Yours."
5. Kedebon Colim, 18, who performed One Direction's "What Makes You Beautiful."
6. Paolo Castro
7. Modesto Taran
8. Mark Mabasa, 26, who performed Leon Russell's "A Song For You."
9. Christine Ledesma, who also sang "Over The Rainbow" from the movie "The Wizard of Oz."
10. Joan Da, 26, who performed Jewel's "You Were Meant For Me."
11. Kristine Zenny "KZ" Tandingan
12. Allen Jane Sta. Maria, 17, who performed Keri Hilson's "Turn My Swag On."
13. Jerriane Mae Templo, 21, who performed Adele's "Rolling in the Deep."
14. Abigail Mendoza, 23, who sang Heart's "All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You."
15. Maria Angelica Prado, who received standing a ovation from the four judges for Coldplay's "The Scientist."
16. Take-Off, who performed Taio's "Dynamite."
17. Sweet Bliss, who performed Beyonce's "End of Time."
18. 5th Avids, who performed of Mary Mary's "Shackles (Praise You)."
19. Daddy's Home, composed of four fathers, who wowed the judges with two songs -- Gary Valenciano's"Sana Maulit Muli" and Boyz II Men's "I'll Make Love To You."
20. Lucky Girls, a new group formed by mentor-judges.
“X Factor Philippines” is ABS-CBN's version of hit singing competition "The X Factor, "which first aired in United Kingdom in 2004.
"The X Factor Philippines" airs Saturdays after "Maalaala Mo Kaya" and Sundays after "Sarah G Live."