weheartCHARICE
04/16/2013 - ABS-CBN - Sarah G: Let's respect Charice's choice Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

weheartCHARICE
04/16/2013 - ABS-CBN - Sarah G: Let's respect Charice's choice Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!
weheartCHARICE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charice Fan Site and Forum

CHARICE just completed:      The 2012 TOFA-NY Awards - Carnegie Hall, New York (10/27/12)           and            Charice Infinity Tour 2012 - Honolulu, Hawaii (11/03/12)

You are not connected. Please login or register

04/16/2013 - ABS-CBN - Sarah G: Let's respect Charice's choice

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

benjandy

benjandy
CHAnnoisseur
CHAnnoisseur

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/04/16/13/sarah-g-lets-respect-charices-choice

Sarah G: Let's respect Charice's choice

ABS-CBNnews.com
Posted at 04/16/2013 8:31 PM | Updated as of 04/16/2013 8:31 PM

04/16/2013 - ABS-CBN - Sarah G: Let's respect Charice's choice Sarahgeronimo_2
Pop star princess Sarah Geronimo defends singer Charice

MANILA – Sarah Geronimo came to the defense of her fellow singer Charice, who’s now drawing mixed reactions because of her latest look.

A photo of Charice recently made the rounds online where she’s seen sporting very short hair while wearing a polo shirt with a bowtie and slacks at what appears to be a campaign sortie.

In an interview with ABS-CBN News on Tuesday, Geronimo said it’s "unfair" that Charice is being judged just because of her new image.

“Kasi si Charice, ibinigay niya ang lahat, talento niya sa atin, lalo na sa bansang Pilipinas. Ni-represent niya ang country natin eh. Parang ang bastos lang. Kailangan natin irespeto siya sa pagiging artist niya. Hindi natin kailangan bigyan ng issue 'yung sexuality niya or kung anuman ang gusto niyang gawin sa buhay niya kasi hindi natin buhay iyon,” ["Well, Charice, she gave everything... her talent to all of us, especially to our country, the Philippines. She represented our country. It's just so rude. (referring to people's negative comments about Charice's new look). We don't need to make 'her sexuality or whatever she wants to do with her life' an issue because it's not our own business/life.], she said.

Geronimo said people should remember how Charice became the country’s pride.

“May kanya-kanya po talaga tayong opinyon pero like what I said, kahit ano man ang opinyon ko or opinyon mo, buhay niya pa rin iyon, choice niya pa rin iyon kung ano ang gusto niyang i-project na image or i-present na look. Siya iyon eh,” [We each have our own opinion but like what I said, whatever my opinion or your opinion may be, it's still her life, it's still her choice if that's the kind of image or look she wants to project or present (to the people). Because that's her.], she said.

Despite all the flak that Charice is getting from her bashers, Geronimo said she will always believe in the young singer’s “pure talent.”

“Naniniwala ako sa talento ni Charice. Kahit ano pa ang piliin niya na imahe, naniniwala ako sa talentong mayroon siya. Once na mayroon kang pure talent, hindi matatanggal iyon. Basta ang importante, kailangan mong alagaan, kailangan hindi talaga mawala sa’yo,” [I believe in Charice's talent. Whatever kind of image she choose, I believe on the talent she possesses. Once you have a pure talent, it will never disappear (or no one can take it away from you. The important thing is that you have to take care of it--it should never disappear from you.], she said.

Geronimo first met Charice when she hosted the ABS-CBN talent show "Little Big Star" in 2005.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum