weheartCHARICE
04/20/11 - NY Post - Charice: I can't believe this is all happening to me Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

weheartCHARICE
04/20/11 - NY Post - Charice: I can't believe this is all happening to me Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!
weheartCHARICE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charice Fan Site and Forum

CHARICE just completed:      The 2012 TOFA-NY Awards - Carnegie Hall, New York (10/27/12)           and            Charice Infinity Tour 2012 - Honolulu, Hawaii (11/03/12)

You are not connected. Please login or register

04/20/11 - NY Post - Charice: I can't believe this is all happening to me

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

clothes_w

clothes_w
Admin

Charice: I can't believe this is all happening to me
April 20, 2011 ι Jarett Wieselman
Source: NY Post

04/20/11 - NY Post - Charice: I can't believe this is all happening to me Char2

If Justin Bieber isn't proof enough that the internet has revolutionized the road to fame, look no further than Charice, the original online sensation! After her performances on "Little Big Star" went viral, she was invited onto Korean talent show "Star King," then "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" and finally "Oprah." And while it doesn't get bigger than the Queen of Daytime, things did get better for Charice after that.

Her international following lobbied for, and in many ways helped win her, a role on Fox's musical juggernaut "Glee." Last night marked her character's triumphant return as well as the debut of a commercial for her collaboration with ACUVUE 1 Day.

As part of ACUVUE's 1 Day contest, a lucky fan will win the chance to be featured in Charice's music video for "One Day," her original song, produced by Nick Jonas. PopWrap caught up with the pint-sized sensation to find out what made her offer up this once in a lifetime opportunity, who she dreams of sharing the stage with and why she spends so much time pinching herself.

PopWrap: It's pretty cool that you're offering a fan the chance to be in your new music video -- how'd that idea come together?
Charice: Acuvue asked me to be a part of it and I’m very excited about it because it’s about teens reaching for their dreams. I can totally relate to that because I was just like these fans, dreaming about being a pop star. Now that I’m on “Glee,” shooting a movie and everything else, I want to share it with others. That’s why this Acuvue campaign is perfect for me and for my fans out there. It’s amazing.

04/20/11 - NY Post - Charice: I can't believe this is all happening to me Char

PW: What does the song "One Day" mean to you?
Charice: It’s the song of my life [laughs]. Nick Jonas really did an amazing job -- I’m so happy I had the chance to record it. My favorite line of that song is “one day I’ll make you a believer, I got all I need, don’t try to tell me I can’t.” You’re telling this person that no one can stop you from dreaming – you’re not going to let them bring you down. I can totally relate to that. I’ve been there a lot.

PW: Your fans have obviously been listening to you sing covers for years on YouTube, but how do you feel now that they'll finally get to hear original music?
Charice: I love singing covers but it's very important for me to show people that I can sing original songs too. It’s one of my dreams and I'm very excited that it's finally happening.

PW: Pia Toscano recently said she'd love to perform a duet with you, has "American Idol" reached out about coming on the finale.
Charice: I heard that Pia said that – I think it’s so sweet and I would love to perform with her. I haven’t heard from “Idol” yet, but hopefully I will!

PW: What about you -- who is an artist you'd love to duet with?
Charice: I would love to do a duet with Lady GaGa or Beyonce! I love them so much – Lady GaGa is an amazing artist, songwriter, everything – she’s perfect. Same for Beyonce.

04/20/11 - NY Post - Charice: I can't believe this is all happening to me Chaar3

PW: So performing "Telephone" on "Glee" was like the perfect song!
Charice: I know! When they gave me that song I couldn’t believe it. They always seem to give me my favorite songs [laughs]. It’s amazing.

PW: What's another song you'd love to sing on the show when/if Sunshine comes back?
Charice: Well, Sunshine will be back this season, but I can't tell you when. And of course I’d love to sing my own song “Before It Explodes,” that was written by Bruno Mars. The song is heartbreaking but very powerful and I think it would be perfect for “Glee” because they're all about those big, powerful songs. But of course we all know they’re the ones who are choosing the music.

PW: In addition to TV and music, you recently shot a movie role, right?
Charice: Yes, "Here Comes The Boom" with Kevin James and Salma Hayek! I can't believe this is all happening to me. These are all my dreams and I can’t believe they’re coming true!

http://www.weheartcharice.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum