weheartCHARICE
03/07/11 - Philippine Daily Inquirer - Out there on her own Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

weheartCHARICE
03/07/11 - Philippine Daily Inquirer - Out there on her own Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!
weheartCHARICE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charice Fan Site and Forum

CHARICE just completed:      The 2012 TOFA-NY Awards - Carnegie Hall, New York (10/27/12)           and            Charice Infinity Tour 2012 - Honolulu, Hawaii (11/03/12)

You are not connected. Please login or register

03/07/11 - Philippine Daily Inquirer - Out there on her own

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

clothes_w

clothes_w
Admin

Out there on her own
Show Time
By: Pocholo Concepcion
Philippine Daily Inquirer
March 7, 2012 | 9:26 pm

03/07/11 - Philippine Daily Inquirer - Out there on her own Charice_grig-300x168
CHARICE Pempengco photo:GRIG MONTEGRANDE

Living in the United States has taught Charice to be cautious about making professional decisions. Even with an international management team plotting out every career move, the 19-year-old Filipino pop star said she had to learn to speak up and express her own views.

“Lumawak ang pananaw ko [I have expanded my point of view],” Charice told the Inquirer in a recent interview.
She lives alone in West Los Angeles, in a house she purchased for herself. And she has bought a car, an Audi.
Being independent also means preparing her own meals: “I cook eggs and bacon [for breakfast] … I search the Internet for Filipino food [recipes].”

But she often has to make do with coffee and soup, she admitted, especially when rushing to auditions three or four times a week.

She can heave a sigh of relief now, since her second album, “Infinity” (Warner), has been released. She recalled spending at least six hours in the studio regularly, sometimes longer (6 p.m. to 6 a.m.), which deprived her of sleep.

Her producer-mentor, David Foster, earlier told the Inquirer that he had allowed his ward to pursue her own musical direction without him. Even so, Charice said, “Lahat ng natutunan ko kay Sir David, ’yun pa rin ang in-apply ko sa second album (Everything I learned from Sir David, I still applied to my second album).”

The violent death of her estranged father, Ricky, has made her stronger, Charice said. She lightened up when asked what she remembered most about her dad: “We both hate black coffee … He takes a bath three times a day. Mahilig siyang pumorma, like Carl [He loves to dress up, like my brother Carl].”

Charice is currently on an Asian tour to promote “Infinity” and is set to perform on March 9 at Smart Araneta Coliseum and on March 11 at Waterfront Cebu Hotel.

She will have her own live backup band. Her guest singers include British Virgin Islands R&B star Iyaz (who was featured on her hit single, “Pyramid”), the Madrigal siblings, and her colleagues from the “Little Big Star” talent search, Kyle, Gian, Makisig, Rhap Salazar and Sam Concepcion.

Call 911-5555 (for the Big Dome show); (032) 232-6888 (Waterfront Cebu Hotel).

Last edited by clothes_w on March 7th 2012, 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.weheartcharice.com

Ate Lulu

CHAficionado
CHAficionado

oh.. i am glad she has the Madrigal Siblings as one of her guests.. i remember she had their dad to arrange her some tagalog songs like the primetime teleserye songs and some nationalistic songs. that's what the siblings sang during the reality PGT contest.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum