weheartCHARICE
05/10/12 - ABS-CBN News - Mo Twister makes public apology to Charice Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

weheartCHARICE
05/10/12 - ABS-CBN News - Mo Twister makes public apology to Charice Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!
weheartCHARICE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charice Fan Site and Forum

CHARICE just completed:      The 2012 TOFA-NY Awards - Carnegie Hall, New York (10/27/12)           and            Charice Infinity Tour 2012 - Honolulu, Hawaii (11/03/12)

You are not connected. Please login or register

05/10/12 - ABS-CBN News - Mo Twister makes public apology to Charice

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

koolerbeans

koolerbeans
Admin

Mo Twister makes public apology to Charice

ABS-CBNnews.com | Posted at 05/10/2012 9:28 AM | Updated as of 05/10/2012 9:28 AM

05/10/12 - ABS-CBN News - Mo Twister makes public apology to Charice FileABS-CBN_logo

MANILA, Philippines -- Radio personality Mo Twister publicly apologized to international singing sensation Charice on Thursday morning via his Magic 89.9 show "Good Times."

The controversial disc jockey, Mohan Gumatay in real life, said sorry to the singer after he, along with DJs Tin Gamboa and Mia Bayuga, started the Twitter hashtag #charicepempengcosextape on the microblogging site Twitter “as a joke” while their show “GoodTimes” was airing on Wednesday morning.

Gumatay said their "joke" about Charice was their way to compete with a rival show.

"We were trying to be competitive with other radio shows. The focus of our mind was let's trend, like let's beat them because it's competition... that was on our mind... It's so stupid because in our 'greediness' to be popular on Twitter we forgot... who's gonna get hurt. After the all we high-five each other and 'yeah men, we trend it' and we go 'oh my God, it's so stupid.'

"So we apologize a million times, to your fans... the people behind her career at all aspects, Philippines, abroad. Everyone abroad, who listens to our show because she's international star, again a million, million apology for that.”

Gumatay said he already called up Charice and personally apologized.

"I called up Charice and said, 'Hey listen, I'll tell you right now we're gonna be suspended and we should be suspended. But if you want to lengthen the suspension just tell me and I'll forward that to the management... and her representative was 'well, she's not the type of person who will do something like that.' I said, 'Please just say that you want us off aired, that's the conviction I had, how bad I felt I was like that I felt horrible... you can say any amount of suspension and I'll follow it.' ...She was like 'no,no. If they're gonna suspend you for two weeks, that's what it is and I'm not gonna add any, (she's) not that type of person.' And I was like 'oh my God, now I feel hundred times worse for doing it."

In the show, Gumatay also explained why he, Gamboa and Bayuga used Charice as the subject of their “joke.”

"Why it was Charice? Remember the point of the whole thing was we have to come up with something so outrageous that it can never be true and that's why 'charicepempengcosextape' because we all know there's no way in hell that would happen to her. I mean that would happen to me a hundred thousand times more before they even video her kissing someone. I mean this is so out there and impossible that's we taught was the funny part of it. We weren't insinuating ever that's there was one," he explained.

https://weheartcharice.forumotion.com

Ate Lulu

CHAficionado
CHAficionado

05/10/12 - ABS-CBN News - Mo Twister makes public apology to Charice 512727142 oh gosh.. Charice!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why are you so nice??????? you should have just told Mo Twister off.. talk to my lawyer! so others will truly learn a lesson and learn to listen to you like you mean business.. this is the perfect time to show those Phil media that they can't push you around...

i guess that's the reason why we love you so much because YOU ARE A VERY NICE PERSON.. 05/10/12 - ABS-CBN News - Mo Twister makes public apology to Charice 1468157981

ikawna

Wait did Mo talk to a representative or to Charice or both? What a heart of gold Charice has. Very admirable! If that was me I don’t think I would let him get away with it but then again this is Charice.

koolerbeans

koolerbeans
Admin

ikawna wrote:Wait did Mo talk to a representative or to Charice or both? What a heart of gold Charice has. Very admirable! If that was me I don’t think I would let him get away with it but then again this is Charice.

Confused me too. I re-read and re-read that section of the article and still couldn't tell. Maybe he spoke to both.

I have to give it up to Charice for rising above. I hope these DJs learned a very valuable lesson.

https://weheartcharice.forumotion.com

abilidades

Charice has spoken and they heard it loud. No one can mess with Charice!

clothes_w

clothes_w
Admin

Charice! A simple act of kindness sends a powerful message. Let's hope DJ Mo Twister and the Philippine media in general learn their lessons from this. 05/10/12 - ABS-CBN News - Mo Twister makes public apology to Charice 1410169095 05/10/12 - ABS-CBN News - Mo Twister makes public apology to Charice 1468157981

http://www.weheartcharice.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum