weheartCHARICE
06/07/2013 - Sunstar - Charice lesbian revelation makes international headlines Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

weheartCHARICE
06/07/2013 - Sunstar - Charice lesbian revelation makes international headlines Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!
weheartCHARICE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charice Fan Site and Forum

CHARICE just completed:      The 2012 TOFA-NY Awards - Carnegie Hall, New York (10/27/12)           and            Charice Infinity Tour 2012 - Honolulu, Hawaii (11/03/12)

You are not connected. Please login or register

06/07/2013 - Sunstar - Charice lesbian revelation makes international headlines

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

benjandy

benjandy
CHAnnoisseur
CHAnnoisseur

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/manila/entertainment/2013/06/07/charice-lesbian-revelation-makes-international-headlines-286276

Charice lesbian revelation makes international headlines

By Glaiza Jarloc
Friday, June 7, 2013

CHARICE'S revelation of her true individuality over the weekend has reached international headlines.

The international pop sensation made headlines locally last Sunday when she revealed in an exclusive interview with King of Talk Boy Abunda on "The Buzz" that she is a lesbian and had same-sex relationships in the past.

Among the big publications that run the story on Charice's coming out were the New York Post, E! Online, US Weekly, Entertainment Tonight, Just Jared, Too Fab, People, Hollywood Life, Billboard, ABC News, The Huffington Post and London's Daily Mail.

"Sobrang thankful kasi alam ko na may mga negative pero yung mga iniisip ko na magiging positive, naging positive nga," [I'm very thankful because I already knew there will be negative reactions but those which I thought positive, indeed became postive."]Charice said as thanked to the international media for taking interest on her story.

She particularly expressed her gratitude to American Idol host Ryan Seacrest and famous United States blogger Perez Hilton.

"I want to give a shout out to my friend Perez Hilton because isa siya sa mga [he is one of the] very supportive and thankful talaga ako na andiyan siya,[I'm really thankful that he's there.]" she added.

The singer also shared that the executive producer of the Oprah show contacted her already and said that the whole team is proud of her.

"Parang lutang pa ako. [I'm still like floating.] Hindi ko pa siya nakakausap (Oprah)[I haven't talked to her] pati si [including] Sir David (Foster) but probably when I come back there, magkakaroon ng meetings [there will be meetings]. Basta ngayon mas malinaw sa Team Charice sa US kung paano yung gagawin nila," [What matters is that now, Team Charice in the US know what are they going to do.], she added.

On her "The Buzz" interview, Charice mentioned that she was given the option to do the interview in the US but said she opted to do it in the Philippines.

The singer confirmed that she could do it on The Ellen DeGeneres show but on a much later date.

"I owe it to the Filipinos. Dito ako nag-umpisa and hindi ako madi-discover kung hindi dahil sa inyo. Inexpect ko na lang na kahit anong maging reaction nila, negative or positive, sa kanila una kong sasabihin. Sa kanila ako magiging honest," [I started here and I will not be discovered if not for you. I just expected that whatever their reaction, negative or positive, I will let them know first. I will be honest to them first.], she added.

Meanwhile here in Manila, Charice also received support from the local show biz names. She was lauded for her strength and courage to reveal her true identity and gender preference.

She thanked BB Gandanghari, The Voice judge Lea Salonga, Pop Princess Sarah Geronimo and singer Aiza Seguerra.

Charice said she's a fan of the Aiza who is also a lesbian like her.

"Idol ko po talaga yun. Inaantay ko po talaga siya na magsalita on this and she did," [She's really my idol. I'm really waiting for her to speak on this and she did.], she added.

Charice said she's "fulfilled" now after coming out and she hopes that her family, particularly her mother, will accept her in the future.

"Let's just understand her. She's a mom and naasaktan siya [she was hurt]. Ibigay na muna natin sa kanila ang time. [Let's just give them the time.] Alam na alam ko na nasasaktan siya ng sobra.[I know that she's really hurt so much.] Hindi naman agad bukas magiging okay na siya.[We can't say that tomorrow she'll already be fine.] For sure it may take year, masu-surprise ako pag months lang, pero matagal talaga,"[I will be surprised if it's only months, but it will really take long.], she ended. (Sunnex)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum