weheartCHARICE
03/10/12 - PEP - Charice pays tribute to Whitney Houston at Infinity concert Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

weheartCHARICE
03/10/12 - PEP - Charice pays tribute to Whitney Houston at Infinity concert Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!
weheartCHARICE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charice Fan Site and Forum

CHARICE just completed:      The 2012 TOFA-NY Awards - Carnegie Hall, New York (10/27/12)           and            Charice Infinity Tour 2012 - Honolulu, Hawaii (11/03/12)

You are not connected. Please login or register

03/10/12 - PEP - Charice pays tribute to Whitney Houston at Infinity concert

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

clothes_w

clothes_w
Admin

Charice pays tribute to Whitney Houston at Infinity concert

Jocelyn Dimaculangan
Saturday, March 10, 2012 @ 09:09PM

03/10/12 - PEP - Charice pays tribute to Whitney Houston at Infinity concert E77e76c5c

Despite her new edgy look—short blonde hairdo and a tattoo on her left forearm—Charice performed soulful ballads that made her famous.

The Manila leg of her Infinity tour took place last night, March 9, at the Smart Araneta Coliseum. On March 11, she will perform anew at the Cebu Waterfront Hotel.

The group will bring the concert to Hong Kong on March 19, and will be in South Korea by March 21.

In her opening spiel, Charice told the crowd: "I'm so nervous. A few months ago, I was here with David Foster.

"I feel very proud right now. I'm performing on my own here at the Araneta Coliseum."

She later admitted: "Charice Live at the Araneta is a dream come true. I love you all, but kayo ang pinakamahirap na audience. I get nervous when I perform in front of my fellow Filipinos."

SEEN. KC Concepcion was spotted at the Big Dome.

The young singer addressed KC: "Ate KC, I'm so excited to work with you. Yes, I'm one of the judges. It's going to be amazing!"

Charice is reportedly the only female judge in X Factor Philippines, which will be hosted by KC on ABS-CBN.

Wearing a leather vest, fingerless gloves and tattered black pants, her first song was "With or Without You."

This was followed by Journey's "Faithfully" and "One Day," which was written by Nick Jonas of the Jonas Brothers.

Then Charice went backstage and gave up the floor to her bandmates. Troy Laureta, musical director of the concert, performed a medley of "Ordinary People" and "The Way You Look Tonight."

At the start of her career, Charice sang covers of Whitney Houston songs. At her major solo concert, the Filipina singer paid tribute to the music icon who passed away on February 11, 2012.

She told the crowd, "This is a tribute to the Queen of Pop," before giving a heartfelt performance of "Saving All My Love For You."

The young singer also performed Adele's "Someone Like You," as well as a ballad version of Justin Bieber's "Baby."

The mood was upbeat when Charice performed a series of fast songs such as Beyonce's "Girls (Who Run The World)" and Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean."

Another fast song she performed was "Before It Explodes," written by Bruno Mars.

One of the highlights of the evening was the collaboration of Iyaz and Charice for "Pyramid."

The audience stood up and danced to the infectious beat. Charice and Iyaz ended the song by making the pyramid sign together.

During his solo set, Iyaz told the crowd: "Keep clapping! Manila, I want to hear you scream!"

The crowd went into a frenzy as he performed "So Low" and "Replay."

Charice's concert was a reunion of sorts with fellow Little Big Star alumni Sam Concepcion, Rhap Salazar, Kyle Balili, and Gian Barbarona.

They all performed "Moves Like Jagger," to the delight of the crowd.

FINAL FANTASY HAIRCUT. Charice told the crowd where she got the idea for her short, blonde hairdo.

"Before, I was so nervous. Are they going to like my songs? Are they going to like my hair?"

She joked: "Inspired pa naman ni [Justin] Bieber."

She revealed the inspiration for her hair: "It's from a character in the game, Final Fantasy. My brother is so addicted to that game."

For her final number, Charice performed "Louder" before fireworks rained on the stage.

For her encore, the Filipina singer performed Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You."

PEP.ph

http://www.weheartcharice.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum