weheartCHARICE
12/08/12 - Saudigazette.com - Charice explains change of style and music Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

weheartCHARICE
12/08/12 - Saudigazette.com - Charice explains change of style and music Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!
weheartCHARICE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charice Fan Site and Forum

CHARICE just completed:      The 2012 TOFA-NY Awards - Carnegie Hall, New York (10/27/12)           and            Charice Infinity Tour 2012 - Honolulu, Hawaii (11/03/12)

You are not connected. Please login or register

12/08/12 - Saudigazette.com - Charice explains change of style and music

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

benjandy

benjandy
CHAnnoisseur
CHAnnoisseur

http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/index.cfm?method=home.regcon&contentid=20121208145319

Charice explains change of style and music

Last Updated : Saturday, December 08, 2012 1:45 AM

12/08/12 - Saudigazette.com - Charice explains change of style and music Li04-bigCharice

MANILA —Reacting to comments made by both her fans and critics, Filipino singer Charice explained why she took her sound down a different path.

On Friday’s ABS-CBN morning talk show “Kris TV”, Charice said she wants to avoid losing her voice, which she said may happen if she continues to be a “belter.”

“I don’t want the time to come when I lost my voice,” said Charice, who hit both high and low notes with ease.

“As a musician, I’d like to pursue a particular genre that suits me. I like the R&B that is quite smooth. Just like the way I did a while ago; even if I sing Tagalog songs I want the people to feel the fine tune,” she added.

“Kris TV” host Kris Aquino took note that Charice’s preferences in music and fashion have changed and asked Charice if it was part of her “natural evolution in growing up.”

Initially known for her long black locks, Charice now has blonde hair and tattoos.

In an interview on “The Buzz” last Sunday, Charice maintained that she is the same person that Filipinos used to know despite her new look.

“I think what hurts is when people judge me, though they don’t know me. Even those who know me also judge me. It’s not because I have changed hair style, because I wear a tattoo I am now different. I haven’t changed,” she said in an interview.

Charice held a successful concert in Hawaii last month. — Agencies

afan

afan

Now you are trying to be a pop princess. Your voice is better than that. It is so watered-down now that it isn't impressive anymore. You can sing big songs without wrecking your voice. However, you have to follow your instinct. Oh well. Much luck and success in your future.

boyblue

boyblue
CHAdmirer
CHAdmirer

Nobody has probably told Charice that Celine Dion has been belting since she was 12 years old. Until now she and Barbra Streisand haven't lost their voice singing "big" songs. Well, being an ordinary singer might be the safest way to fade in history.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum