weheartCHARICE
06/02/2013 - Sunstar - Charice Pempengco admits she’s lesbian Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

weheartCHARICE
06/02/2013 - Sunstar - Charice Pempengco admits she’s lesbian Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!
weheartCHARICE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charice Fan Site and Forum

CHARICE just completed:      The 2012 TOFA-NY Awards - Carnegie Hall, New York (10/27/12)           and            Charice Infinity Tour 2012 - Honolulu, Hawaii (11/03/12)

You are not connected. Please login or register

06/02/2013 - Sunstar - Charice Pempengco admits she’s lesbian

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

benjandy

benjandy
CHAnnoisseur
CHAnnoisseur

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/breaking-news/2013/06/02/charice-pempengco-admits-she-s-lesbian-285391

Charice Pempengco admits she’s lesbian

By Glaiza Jarloc
Sunday, June 2, 2013

INTERNATIONAL singing sensation Charice Pempengco ended all speculations about her gender preference and revealed that she's a lesbian.

"Opo. Tomboy ako. Hindi ko alam kung ano yung problema doon kasi para sa akin walang problema," [Yes. I'm lesbian. I don't know what's the problem with that because for me there's no problem.], the singer said in an exclusive interview with King of Talk Boy Abunda on "The Buzz," Sunday, June 2.

She said she had the option of doing the tell-all interview abroad but she chose to do it here in the Philippines because she owes everything to the public.

The singer added that she respects how everyone will take her revelation, but hopes that they will accept her for who she is.

"Sa mga hindi makaitindi, hindi makakaunawa, hindi ako matatanggap, sorry po. Naiintindihan ko po kayo. Pero sa lahat ng makakatanggap, maraming maraming salamat po." [To those who can't understand, who can't accept, I'm sorry. I can understand you. But to all who can accept, thank you very much.]

Charice said it's a humbling experience for her to finally share her gender. "Ang gaan ng pakiramdam ngayon. Na makakalabas ako ng bahay na wala akong itatago, wala akong masasagasaang tao kasi wala akong itinatago." [I feel light today. That I can go out of my house without hiding anything...I will not be stepping on other people because I'm not hiding anything...]

After her emotional admission, Charice apologized to her mother, Racquel, and younger brother Carl.

She confirmed that there was a miscommunication between them, but they fixed it already and she's just waiting for the latter to fully accept her decision.

"Sorry mommy, Carl, pero ito ako. Proud ako sa sarili ko at mahal ko ang sarili ko kaya ko ginagawa ko ito." [I'm sorry mommy, Carl, but this is me. I'm proud of myself and I love myself that's why I'm doing this.]

"Kailangan ko siyang intindihin kasi kung nasaktan niya ako, alam ko na mas nasaktan siya bilang ina. Ngayon hindi kami magka-away. Nasa stage kami na nag-try kami na intindihin yung isa't isa," [I need to understand her because when she hurt me, I know she was more hurt as a mother. We're not at odds now. We're on the stage of trying to understand each other.], she said.

The singer also revealed that she left their house about a month ago and she's currently staying with a family in Cabuyao, Laguna.

The 21-year-old did not expect that the said foster home will accept her with open arms and she could be her real self with them.

"Ang hirap mag trust, ang hirap maghanap ng taong ganoon. Pero hinayaan ko ang Diyos na bigyan ako ng sign, kung sino ang pwedeng tumulong sa akin." [It's difficult to trust, It's difficult to find a person whom you can trust. But I let God to give me a sign, of whoever can help me.]

"Finally, na pumasok ako sa isang bahay pwede na akong humiga, na (pwede kong sabihin na) 'pagod na ako'. Na pwede kong lahat gawin. Pwede kong ipakita kung sino si Charice sa kanina na walang manghuhusga." [Finally, that after entering a house I can lie down, that (I can say) 'I'm tired'. That I can do everything. I can show who Charice is to them where no one will judge.]

Charice also gave her two cents on the recent interview given by her grandmother. The singer said they haven't spoken yet, but there's no rift between them.

She's also certain that things will get better in the coming weeks.

Abunda also asked Charice on her rumored girlfriend, a certain Alyssa Quijano.

Without confirming anything, the singer said that Alyssa is very special to her and they've known each other since their younger years. They reconnected when Quijano joined "X-Factor Philippines," where Charice used to be a judge.

"Ang masasabi ko lang po, si Sha, [What I can say is, that Sha], she's an inspiration. Isa po siya sa mga pinagkukunan ko ng lakas ngayon. [She's one of the people where I get my strength.] She's a very special person."

"Sana mabuksan ninyo na lang ang puso ko para makita... ang lakas ng tibok," [How I wish you can open my heart so that you will see...the beat is strong], she said.

The singer also clarified that Alyssa is not the reason behind the rift between her and her family.

Charice also spoke about rumors circulating around that she doesn't have a clear career now in show business.

The international singer reiterated that she's yet to do another recording in the US, will produce a song that will be used in one big project, will do some television shows, and will record her third album here in the country.

She's still also under the management of Marc Johnson in the US.

Charice said that she knows that some of her fans may feel disappointed by her revelation, but reiterated that she's still the same singer they’ve come to love and support.

"Ang dasal ko na sana eventually matanggap ako ng mga tao. [My prayer is that eventually people will accept me.] Chasters, this is a new chapter. Welcome to my crazy life and enjoy the ride," she ended. (Sunnex)

benjandy

benjandy
CHAnnoisseur
CHAnnoisseur

http://www.philstar.com/entertainment/2013/06/03/949504/charice-yes-im-gay

Charice: Yes, I’m gay

By Ricky Lo (The Philippine Star) | Updated June 3, 2013 - 12:00am

06/02/2013 - Sunstar - Charice Pempengco admits she’s lesbian Ent1new

MANILA, Philippines - “Opo. Tomboy po ako!” [Yes, I am tomboy.]

With those four words, Charice put a period to the speculation about her sexual preference that has been swirling around for months now, starting more than a year ago when she started changing her looks from a sweet probinsyana [province girl] to what some show biz observers described as “a menacing macho.”

It was to host Boy Abunda that Charice opted to make her long-delayed confession, in yesterday’s edition of the ABS-CBN show “The Buzz” in which she appeared with newly cropped hair, colored black in contrast to the various colors she wore when she sat as judge on the ABS-CBN reality-TV talent search The X-Factor. She wore girl’s clothes, not the men’s attire in which she has been seen lately both here and abroad where she was reported to be “holding hands” with another girl while walking on the streets.

“Now I feel free,” Charice said in the vernacular. “I can go out of the house without fear and certain that I’m not stepping on anybody’s toe. Mas maluwag ang pakiramdam ko ngayon. [I feel better now.]”

She said that in Cabuyao, Laguna, her hometown, she walks around like an ordinary person, watching basketball games together with other residents, and not at all conscious of her being an international celebrity.

“I know that some people called me Moymoy Palaboy daw,” [homeless] she laughed, “it has become a joke here. But it didn’t affect me,” adding that she’s estranged from her mom Raquel Pempengco, that’s why she’s staying in the house of a family friend. “I left our home because that’s what I had to do for now.”

When Charice celebrated her birthday last month, Raquel was not present, and neither was Charice’s grandmother who helped raise her.

“Now,” she disclosed, “I can enter a house where I can say ‘I’m tired,’ where I can do anything, na puede akong magluka-lukahan na walang manghuhusga, [that I can be crazy and no one will judge me]” thanking what she called “my second family” for accepting her. In the next breath, she expressed hope that she and her mom and her grandmother will be able to sort things out and let bygones by bygones.

During the interview, Charice also admitted having been intimate with another girl (or girls) but denying that she had a relationship with a former foreigner lady personal assistant. But she gave only a vague answer to Boy’s question if it’s true that she and an aspiring singer (who competed in The X-Factor) are going steady or getting married, saying only, “Open my heart and you will know.”

She ended the interview in near tears, asking for forgiveness from people who, she said, might not be able to understand or accept her for what she is now, after she has “outed” herself, adding that the change in her looks was not a kind of rebellion but because that’s how she wants herself to be.

“But to those who can accept me, thank you very much,” she said, her voice breaking. “We are all equal, whether you are gay or straight, pare-pareho lang tayo nagtra-trabaho. [we are all working the same]”

Then, she dedicated two songs to her mom, grandmother, her brother Carl, and to her fans as well, one line of the English song goes, “please understand me,” and, from a Filipino song that she and her mom loved to sing, “ang kailangan mo’y tibay ng loob kung mayroong pagsubok man… ang pangarap mo ay makakamtam basta’t maghintay ka lamang.” [what you need is strength of heart if there are challenges...you ill reach your dreams if you just wait.]

benjandy

benjandy
CHAnnoisseur
CHAnnoisseur

http://www.examiner.com/article/yes-iam-a-lesbian-charice-confirms-on-the-buzz-with-boy-abunda

Yes, I am a lesbian, Charice confirms on 'The Buzz' with Boy Abunda

Celebrity News
June 2, 2013
By: Annaliza Miranda

06/02/2013 - Sunstar - Charice Pempengco admits she’s lesbian 1370164686_3210_Charice

You read it right, Charice confirmed with Boy Abunda on "The Buzz" that she is a lesbian just this afternoon, June 2, 2013 (Philippine time). She also added that she is not in good terms with Raquel Pempengco, her mom.

It can be recalled that netizens criticized her look during "X-Factor" days, but despite the criticism, Charice never fought back.

As you all know, she was one of the judges of "X-Factor," the popular reality singing competition on ABS-CBN several months ago.

Until now, her sexual preference is still the subject of contention, according to some observers, there is something behind her new look.

A few weeks ago, reports about Charice's rumored girlfriend came out, based on the report, Alyssa Quijano, a former "X-Factor" contestant makes her happy and smile again.

Despite the eagerness of the entertainment reporters to convince Charice to come out and speak about the issue, the international singing sensation remained silent.

And now, Boy Abunda revealed on national TV that he interviewed Charice last night, and the good news is, he encouraged Charice to reveal her real identity. According to him, he will never forget his interview with the self-confessed lesbian.

benjandy

benjandy
CHAnnoisseur
CHAnnoisseur

http://ofwnow.com/entertainment/charice-pempengco-admits-shes-a-lesbian/13398

Charice Pempengco admits she’s a lesbian

Written by julie on 02 June 2013

06/02/2013 - Sunstar - Charice Pempengco admits she’s lesbian Charice-235x300

The emotional interview of The Buzz host Boy Abunda with Charice Pempengco was a revelation to the fans of Charice.

Charice admitted having as rift between her mother, however she continues to be positive that time will make things all right. The Filipina singer said that she respects her mother’s pain and her grandmother.

Abunda asked Charice aif she is a lesbian, her response was "Opo, tomboy po ako." She admitted of having relationships with same gender. Charice also did not deny that Alyssa Quijano is a special person in her life.

Charice broke down when she was apologizing to her family and fans who are saddened by her her coming out, while thanking those who continue to support her.

Meanwhile, Charice told Abunda that she feels free about coming out. She said that tlife is too short so be free.

benjandy

benjandy
CHAnnoisseur
CHAnnoisseur

http://www.philstar.com/cebu-entertainment/2013/06/06/950785/charice-im-tomboy-and-proud-be-one

Charice: 'I’m a tomboy, and proud to be one'

SHOWBIZ DRIBBLE By Salve V. Asis (The Freeman)

Updated June 6, 2013 - 12:00am

It took a lot of courage but last Sunday, Charice Pempengco announced on national TV that she is a lesbian.

“Yes, I’m a tomboy,” the internationally famous singer confessed to Boy Abunda on The Buzz.

She was pushed into making the admission to end weeks of rumors in the movie press and the social media that she prefers the company of women to boys.

I can imagine the international gossip mill humming about Charice’s letting out. She said she decided to make the big announcement here and not abroad because “I owe a lot to Filipinos.”

Charice also confirmed that all is not well between her and her mother. “Yes, I’ve been quarrelling with Mommy. I need to understand her. If she hurt me I know that she herself was hurt because she’s a mother. But we’re not arguing now. We’ve reached the stage where we’re trying to understand each other. And having arguments is normal.”

She apologized to her mom, “but this is me. I’m proud of who I am and I love myself, that’s why I’m doing this.”

Charice also addressed her fans, many of whom she said must be disappointed. “Some of you might turn their backs on me. I’m sorry but you all know that I’m a sincere person.”

She said she was into same-sex relationships, but definitely not with The Voice contestant Cheesa Laureta. “Cheesa is like a big sister to me,” she said.

She also denied that she ran away from home to be with Alyssa Alano, another former game show finalist. She said Alyssa is “an inspiration” and “a very special person.”

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum