weheartCHARICE
12/03/12 - Manila Bulletin - Charice Opens Up On Controversies And Staying True To Herself Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

weheartCHARICE
12/03/12 - Manila Bulletin - Charice Opens Up On Controversies And Staying True To Herself Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!
weheartCHARICE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charice Fan Site and Forum

CHARICE just completed:      The 2012 TOFA-NY Awards - Carnegie Hall, New York (10/27/12)           and            Charice Infinity Tour 2012 - Honolulu, Hawaii (11/03/12)

You are not connected. Please login or register

12/03/12 - Manila Bulletin - Charice Opens Up On Controversies And Staying True To Herself

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

benjandy

benjandy
CHAnnoisseur
CHAnnoisseur

http://mb.com.ph/articles/384146/charice-opens-up-on-controversies-and-staying-true-to-herself#.UMg_TeRwrE0

Charice Opens Up On Controversies And Staying True To Herself

By ROWENA JOY A. SANCHEZ
December 3, 2012, 9:38am

12/03/12 - Manila Bulletin - Charice Opens Up On Controversies And Staying True To Herself Charice%20resized%20mb_0
Charice admits her heart is in a good place these days

MANILA, Philippines - Charice's silence has given way to several declarations when she granted a TV interview to set the record straight on a few recent issues.

On mother and managers

Speaking live on "The Buzz" on Dec. 2, the international singing sensation refuted allegations that she's presently not in good terms with her mother, Raquel Pempengco. She noted, though, that it's inevitable among family members to have occasional disagreements.

"…especially po nung time na naging independent na po ako. Siyempre mothers, minsan mangungulit—kamusta na ko, ganyan—pero hindi naman po 'yung sobrang laking away," Charice said.

If anything, she's a worried daughter these days, calling for prayers for Mommy Raquel because "may karamdaman po siya."

The 20-year-old singer, meanwhile, begged off to go into details of her professional separation from Philippine manager Grace Mendoza as well as Courtney Blooding, with whom Charice had reportedly cut ties a few months after appointing the latter as her "new point of contact" in August.

"Ayoko na pong palakihin pa…" she said, stressing nonetheless her gratitude to the two.

Fashion fuss

While other celebrities caught in a brouhaha would easily jump into any opportunity to explain their side, Charice opted to keep mum and away from the media for several months.

"Naiintindihan ko po ‘yung mga iniisip nila na suplada daw po ako dahil ‘di ko sinasagot ‘yung mga interviews po nila. Pero siyempre po, alam naman po natin na ‘yung mga ibang media… some of them medyo disrespectful po 'yung dating… Siyempre that time, masakit for me," she admitted.

Much of the controversies surrounding Charice relate to her online bashers who seem to find pleasure in nitpicking about her fashion evolutions especially during her mentor-judge stint on "The X Factor Philippines:" from her relatively peculiar choice of hair styles—the latest of which is the short, ash blonde layers—to her tattoos and edgier fashion style.

Though a "strong woman," Charice got hurt and had to take a Twitter hiatus over the negative reactions albeit she had expected them when she joined the show.

What wounded Charice the most was how some, including those whom she knows personally, have unfairly judged her.

"Kasi para po sa akin, parang, ‘kilala niyo naman ako eh, hindi naman porket nagpalit ako ng buhok, ‘di naman porket may tattoo ako sa katawan ko eh iba na ako.' ‘Di naman ganun ‘yun," she said.

Fans of her previously long, black tresses as well as her more feminine stylings would have to content themselves with Charice's current look because "ito na 'yung normal na ako. Masaya na po ako."

Meanwhile, the "Pyramid" singer admitted to have gotten confused by people's reactions on her American accent, saying she was criticized when she didn't have it and even when she had already acquired the slang from her constant interactions with Americans.

"Hindi naman po sa dahil may accent eh maarte na. Preferred ko pa rin po ‘yung may Tagalog accent. Minsan kailangan ko lang po talaga [gumamit ng American accent]," she maintained.

Love and gratitude

On a lighter note, a blushing Charice coyly admitted that her heart is in a good place.

"Masaya po ako sobra," was all she could offer.

For all her accomplishments here and especially abroad, Charice is extremely grateful to her fellow Filipinos.

"I owe the Filipinos big time sa mga suporta na binibigay nila sa akin… Kahit na minsan ‘di nila ‘yun nafi-feel from me, sa puso ko, I owe you guys," she said.

In parting, Charice related this message to herself while facing host (and her godfather) Boy Abunda's "imaginary mirror:"

"Keep doing what you're doing. You're strong. Love yourself. Don't live your life for other people. Believe in God. Love you."

hoz

CHAdmirer
CHAdmirer

Are we now all speaking tagalog? Translations please!

benjandy

benjandy
CHAnnoisseur
CHAnnoisseur

Sorry I forgot to put the translation. 12/03/12 - Manila Bulletin - Charice Opens Up On Controversies And Staying True To Herself 152378439
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MANILA, Philippines - Charice's silence has given way to several declarations when she granted a TV interview to set the record straight on a few recent issues.

On mother and managers

Speaking live on "The Buzz" on Dec. 2, the international singing sensation refuted allegations that she's presently not in good terms with her mother, Raquel Pempengco. She noted, though, that it's inevitable among family members to have occasional disagreements.

"…especially po nung time na naging independent na po ako. Siyempre mothers, minsan mangungulit—kamusta na ko, ganyan—pero hindi naman po 'yung sobrang laking away," [...especially during the time when I became independent. Ofcourse they're mothers, sometimes they keep on asking-how am I, like that-but we never had a big fight,] Charice said.

If anything, she's a worried daughter these days, calling for prayers for Mommy Raquel because "may karamdaman po siya." [she has an illness].

The 20-year-old singer, meanwhile, begged off to go into details of her professional separation from Philippine manager Grace Mendoza as well as Courtney Blooding, with whom Charice had reportedly cut ties a few months after appointing the latter as her "new point of contact" in August.

"Ayoko na pong palakihin pa…" [I don't wan't to make it a big issue] she said, stressing nonetheless her gratitude to the two.

Fashion fuss

While other celebrities caught in a brouhaha would easily jump into any opportunity to explain their side, Charice opted to keep mum and away from the media for several months.

"Naiintindihan ko po ‘yung mga iniisip nila na suplada daw po ako dahil ‘di ko sinasagot ‘yung mga interviews po nila. Pero siyempre po, alam naman po natin na ‘yung mga ibang media… some of them medyo disrespectful po 'yung dating… Siyempre that time, masakit for me," [I understand what they're thinking-that I'm snobbish because I don't respond to their interviews. But ofcourse, we know that some of the media...some of them appear to be disrespectful...Ofcourse at that time, it's hurtful for me], she admitted.

Much of the controversies surrounding Charice relate to her online bashers who seem to find pleasure in nitpicking about her fashion evolutions especially during her mentor-judge stint on "The X Factor Philippines:" from her relatively peculiar choice of hair styles—the latest of which is the short, ash blonde layers—to her tattoos and edgier fashion style.

Though a "strong woman," Charice got hurt and had to take a Twitter hiatus over the negative reactions albeit she had expected them when she joined the show.

What wounded Charice the most was how some, including those whom she knows personally, have unfairly judged her.

"Kasi para po sa akin, parang, ‘kilala niyo naman ako eh, hindi naman porket nagpalit ako ng buhok, ‘di naman porket may tattoo ako sa katawan ko eh iba na ako.' ‘Di naman ganun ‘yun," [Becasue for me, it's like, 'you know me', it doesn't mean that if I changed my hairstyle, or even if I had a tattoo on my body means I became somebody else.] she said.

Fans of her previously long, black tresses as well as her more feminine stylings would have to content themselves with Charice's current look because "ito na 'yung normal na ako. Masaya na po ako."[This is the normal me. I'm happy now.]

Meanwhile, the "Pyramid" singer admitted to have gotten confused by people's reactions on her American accent, saying she was criticized when she didn't have it and even when she had already acquired the slang from her constant interactions with Americans.

"Hindi naman po sa dahil may accent eh maarte na. Preferred ko pa rin po ‘yung may Tagalog accent. Minsan kailangan ko lang po talaga [gumamit ng American accent]," [It doesn't mean that if I have an accent I'm already finicky. I still prefer having Tagalog accent. Sometimes I just need to use an American accent.] she maintained.

Love and gratitude

On a lighter note, a blushing Charice coyly admitted that her heart is in a good place.

"Masaya po ako sobra," [I am very happy] was all she could offer.

For all her accomplishments here and especially abroad, Charice is extremely grateful to her fellow Filipinos.

"I owe the Filipinos big time sa mga suporta na binibigay nila sa akin…[I owe the Filipinos big time for the support that they're giving me] Kahit na minsan ‘di nila ‘yun nafi-feel from me, sa puso ko, [Although sometimes they might not feel it from me, in my heart] I owe you guys," she said.

In parting, Charice related this message to herself while facing host (and her godfather) Boy Abunda's "imaginary mirror:"

"Keep doing what you're doing. You're strong. Love yourself. Don't live your life for other people. Believe in God. Love you."

hoz

CHAdmirer
CHAdmirer

THANK YOU!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum