weheartCHARICE
04/23/2013 - Manila Bulletin - All’s well with Charice and Mommy Raquel Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

weheartCHARICE
04/23/2013 - Manila Bulletin - All’s well with Charice and Mommy Raquel Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!
weheartCHARICE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charice Fan Site and Forum

CHARICE just completed:      The 2012 TOFA-NY Awards - Carnegie Hall, New York (10/27/12)           and            Charice Infinity Tour 2012 - Honolulu, Hawaii (11/03/12)

You are not connected. Please login or register

04/23/2013 - Manila Bulletin - All’s well with Charice and Mommy Raquel

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

benjandy

benjandy
CHAnnoisseur
CHAnnoisseur

http://www.mb.com.ph/article.php?aid=8986&sid=4&subid=26#.UYAAG6LhGkg

All’s well with Charice and Mommy Raquel
By NR Ramos
Published: April 23, 2013

Charice’s mom Raquel seems to have let bygones be bygones as her Facebook page attests. According to a report on GMA News, a seeming reconciliation has taken place between the two, with Raquel posting several photos of herself together with her children recently on the social networking site.

The two allegedly had a misunderstanding following the seeming drastic changes in the singer’s appearance.

04/23/2013 - Manila Bulletin - All’s well with Charice and Mommy Raquel 2013_04_23_05_44charice%20mb

In March, the matriarch was quoted in a report on ABS-CBNnews.com expressing her seeming exasperation that she cannot dictate on her daughter like she used to.

“Noon kasing menor de edad pa siya, ako ang nagde-decide para sa kanya – ’yung ayos ng buhok, pananamit, at mga friends. Siyempre nakaka-miss ’yon, inosente sa ayos. But now ang laki kasi ng pagbabago na kahit ako walang magawa,” [Back when she was still of minor age, I make decisions for her - the style of hr hair, clothing, and friends. ofcourse, I miss those times, her style was innocent. but now the change was really huge even I can't do anything.], she said.

She went on to remind her daughter not to forget her roots saying, “Kasi sa US kapag 18 na, wala ng karapatan ang magulang. Pero remind ko lang kay Cha na ipinanganak ko siya dito at pinalaki sa ugaling Filipino. Sana ay huwag niyang kalimutan.” [Because in the US when you're 18, parents have no more rights (when it comes to their children). But I would like to remind Cha that she was born here (in the Philippines) and was raised with Filipino values.]

A few weeks later, the singer grabbed headlines when a photo of her –garbed in what looked a button down shirt and jeans and sporting a short ’do akin to that of celebrities Justin Bieber and Daniel Padilla – became viral.

Not that it matters to her mother anymore, now that she and Charice are okay again.

Although there is still no official statement from the singer’s camp relating to the new look as of this writing, the same report quoted the diminutive diva as saying:

“For me, just love me. I’m a person. And if you think I’m a boy or a girl, or if I look like a boy, then fine... I read tons of negative comments and I don’t care. This is the look that I want. So, the only thing you could do is to move on.”

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum