weheartCHARICE
10/30/12 - Manila Bulletin - Charice-Cheesa Collaboration A Cry Against Bullies Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

weheartCHARICE
10/30/12 - Manila Bulletin - Charice-Cheesa Collaboration A Cry Against Bullies Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!
weheartCHARICE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charice Fan Site and Forum

CHARICE just completed:      The 2012 TOFA-NY Awards - Carnegie Hall, New York (10/27/12)           and            Charice Infinity Tour 2012 - Honolulu, Hawaii (11/03/12)

You are not connected. Please login or register

10/30/12 - Manila Bulletin - Charice-Cheesa Collaboration A Cry Against Bullies

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

koolerbeans

koolerbeans
Admin

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/379244/charicecheesa-collaboration-a-cry-against-bullies#.UJArr8XA9L8
Charice-related article - Charice-Cheesa Collaboration A Cry Against Bullies
Charice-Cheesa Collaboration A Cry Against Bullies
By ROWENA JOY A. SANCHEZ
October 30, 2012, 10:15am

10/30/12 - Manila Bulletin - Charice-Cheesa Collaboration A Cry Against Bullies Charice%20Cheesa%20resized%20mb
'I'm not perfect, but I'm still beautiful,' Charice and Cheesa sing with conviction in their duet (Photo from Charice's Twitter)

MANILA, Philippines - When life gives you haters, create a statement song that would make them cringe.

International singing sensation Charice and "The Voice" Fil-Am semi-finalist Cheesa Laureta did just that with their powerful collaboration, "I'm Not Perfect," an inspirational R&B ballad that encourages victims of bullying to believe in themselves despite being let down by others. It likewise serves as a call for bullies to change for the better.

Cheesa herself wrote the song with her brother Troy, Charice's musical director.

The almost five-minute digital single, released last Sept. 6, is close to Charice and Cheesa's heart, as both of them admit to have been bullied.

"Not only was I bullied when I was little, it came out again throughout the show ('The Voice') through social media," Cheesa told "Balitang America" recently.

Charice, meanwhile, first experienced bullying at the age of seven. The influx of haters didn't stop even as she broke through the international scene.

"Minsan grabe talaga ang ginagawa ng mga tao sa akin, sa amin. Nasasaktan ako kasi, kumbaga, parang gusto ko lang din sabihin sa kanila na, 'Kung sasabihin ko sa'yo, kung ibabalik ko lahat sa ‘yo yung mga sinasabi mo sa'kin, gusto kong ma-feel mo ‘yung nafi-feel ko.' But, at the same time, I don’t wanna do that. Kasi gusto kong ma-realize nila sa sarili nila," she related at length.

The young singers will perform "I'm Not Perfect" in a benefit show in Hawaii next month, the proceeds of which will go to ABS-CBN Foundation's Bantay Bata, added the "Balitang America" report.

https://weheartcharice.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum