weheartCHARICE
05/15/12 - Push - Charice on Jessica Sanchez: ‘I really feel that she’s going to win’ Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

weheartCHARICE
05/15/12 - Push - Charice on Jessica Sanchez: ‘I really feel that she’s going to win’ Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!
weheartCHARICE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charice Fan Site and Forum

CHARICE just completed:      The 2012 TOFA-NY Awards - Carnegie Hall, New York (10/27/12)           and            Charice Infinity Tour 2012 - Honolulu, Hawaii (11/03/12)

You are not connected. Please login or register

05/15/12 - Push - Charice on Jessica Sanchez: ‘I really feel that she’s going to win’

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

clothes_w

clothes_w
Admin

Charice on Jessica Sanchez: ‘I really feel that she’s going to win’
5/15/2012 8:10 AM
by: Bernie Franco
Push

05/15/12 - Push - Charice on Jessica Sanchez: ‘I really feel that she’s going to win’ 051512-charice_main

Charice has high hopes that Filipino-Mexican aspiring singer Jessica Sanchez has a big chance to be the next American Idol. In an interview with Charice during her recent contract signing as one of the four judges of The X Factor Philippines, the singer said that she is looking forward to meeting the AI favorite.

Charice also revealed that another Filipino who made the country proud—Chessa Laureta, a contender in another American TV talent show The Voice—is expected to collaborate with Charice for a song.

“Chessa, from The Voice, I’m really excited because we wrote a song for her and we’re collaborating, so she’s very excited because she wants to go here in the Philippines to release some singles. You never know. Me [and] her doing duet, we’re looking for other artists here to have a duet with her,” revealed Charice.

Push.com.ph also asked for the singer’s reaction to Jessica’s previous comment that she used to sing songs of Sarah Geronimo and her songs when she was younger. “I think that’s nice, I really feel that she’s going to win. If she doesn’t win, well you know, political, but I feel she will,” Charice predicted.

She also added that she understands if her fans are being protective of her against the fans of Jessica, with all the comparisons being made between the two of them. “I think hindi naman maiiwasan sa mga fans na maging defensive, kasi siyempre may ibang articles na lumalabas na pinagko-compare kami ni Jessica, so siyempre, of course my fans would be defensive about it.”

As an example, Charice cited the comparison made between her and Sarah Geronimo before, even if they were very much in on good terms. “Personally, Ate Sarah and me, we’re good, so I think that’s just one of the reasons that’s why they’re being very defensive. They’re not sending hate to Jessica because I see a lot of my fans who support her.”

She said she is proud about Filipino performers making a name for themselves in the international scene. “I feel [that] every time I see someone like Chessa, Jessica, I get so upset when something happens, like they get to the bottom three or when they get kicked out,” she related.

She is aware that some might doubt her intention every time she says that she is proud of other Filipinos getting international attention, but Charice defended that it is unfair to compare her to them, and that everybody should just be happy with their achievements. “They shouldn’t be comparing singers. I’m just very proud of them and maybe in the future, you never know, we’ll collaborate.”

http://www.weheartcharice.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum