weheartCHARICE
06/02/12 - Manila Bulletin - Charice And Cheesa Team Up For Power R&B Ballad Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

weheartCHARICE
06/02/12 - Manila Bulletin - Charice And Cheesa Team Up For Power R&B Ballad Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!
weheartCHARICE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charice Fan Site and Forum

CHARICE just completed:      The 2012 TOFA-NY Awards - Carnegie Hall, New York (10/27/12)           and            Charice Infinity Tour 2012 - Honolulu, Hawaii (11/03/12)

You are not connected. Please login or register

06/02/12 - Manila Bulletin - Charice And Cheesa Team Up For Power R&B Ballad

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

clothes_w

clothes_w
Admin

Charice And Cheesa Team Up For Power R&B Ballad
By ROWENA JOY A. SANCHEZ
June 2, 2012, 6:34pm
Manila Bulletin

MANILA, Philippines – They’ve made momentous strides in their individual careers, and now, international singing sensation Charice and Filipino-American “The Voice” contestant Cheesa will join forces for a music collaboration.

Charice has been vocal about wanting to work with Cheesa, raving about the latter’s powerful vocals, with which the former has also been identified. The 20-year-old singer is flexing her songwriting muscles, working on an R&B ballad for Cheesa.

“I love writing songs but this is the first time na talagang mag-collaborate ako with somebody who's Filipino and my friend. I’m just very excited,” Charice enthused in an interview with the ABS-CBN North America News Bureau.

Cheesa, in turn, is ecstatic over singing Charice's compositions.

“We’re going on a different route with this one. This is going to be something a little bit more edgy…” said Cheesa, who was born and raised in Hawaii by her Filipino parents.

Charice went on to reveal that, “We’re looking for a Filipino superstar in the Philippines to be a featured artist.

"[And] probably the next song that will come out, it's gonna be Cheesa featuring Charice… which is gonna be so… fun."

What may well add to Charice and Cheesa’s musical affinity is that the latter’s brother, Troy Laureta, happens to be part of the former’s touring band.

Charice is proud of how far Cheesa, as well as Filipino-Mexican Jessica Sanchez, have come in the competitions they’ve joined—“The Voice” Season 2 (quarter-finals) and “American Idol” Season 11 (runner-up), respectively—and quashed notions of rivalry among them.

“People should stop comparing kasi I’m very proud of these girls. And I can’t wait for that day na maybe Jessica will come here, Cheesa will be here, and the three of us will collaborate,” she previously told the ABS-CBN News Channel (ANC).

Cheesa, meanwhile, is grateful for singing competitions such as “The Voice,” which “opens a lot of avenues for us to show ourselves and showcase our talents.”

“Filipinos are very supportive and I feel proud to be one of the people to represent us and I hope I represent us well,” she added.

Cheesa and Charice recently shared the stage at the “Para Sa Inyo Kapamilya” benefit concert in Carson City, California. They performed Whitney Houston’s “Saving All My Love For You.”

http://www.weheartcharice.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum