weheartCHARICE
05/03/2013 - ABS-CBN -  Arnel Pineda defends Charice from critics Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

weheartCHARICE
05/03/2013 - ABS-CBN -  Arnel Pineda defends Charice from critics Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!
weheartCHARICE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charice Fan Site and Forum

CHARICE just completed:      The 2012 TOFA-NY Awards - Carnegie Hall, New York (10/27/12)           and            Charice Infinity Tour 2012 - Honolulu, Hawaii (11/03/12)

You are not connected. Please login or register

05/03/2013 - ABS-CBN - Arnel Pineda defends Charice from critics

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

benjandy

benjandy
CHAnnoisseur
CHAnnoisseur

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/05/03/13/arnel-pineda-defends-charice-critics

Arnel Pineda defends Charice from critics

By Reyma Buan-Deveza, ABS-CBNnews.com
Posted at 05/03/2013 11:09 PM | Updated as of 05/03/2013 11:09 PM

05/03/2013 - ABS-CBN -  Arnel Pineda defends Charice from critics Aug31_arnel

MANILA, Philippines – Arnel Pineda, the frontman of American rock band Journey, on Friday defended Charice against her critics, saying he understands the changes that she is going through.

“Hindi ko talaga alam exactly ang rason niya bakit niya pinalitan image niya. Pero as an artist katulad niya, naiintindihan ko ‘yung changes niya, ‘yung gusto niyang gawin sa sarili niya, iginagalang ko ‘yun,” [I really don't know the reason why she changed her image. But as an artist like her, I understand her changes, what she wants to do with herself, I respect that.], Pineda said during the 10th anniversary of Puregold’s "Ang Tindahan ni Aling Puring."[The Shop of Ms Puring]

Pineda said people need to respect Charice's style.

“Pero kung hindi naging maganda ang pagtanggap ng ibang tao sa kanya at bina-bash siya I think we should just give her kung ano ‘yung respect na due para sa kanya,” [But if other people's reception to her were not good and she was bashed I think we should give her the respect that is due to her.], Pineda said.

“Kasi lahat naman tayo ay we went through changes, siguro sa kanya lang naging drastic kaya parang nabigla tayo. Kasi parang nabigla tayo ‘di natin natanggap agad. Tayong mga Filipino hindi tayo sanay na biglaang change eh. Gusto natin medyo matagal ‘yung change. Pero I think sa atin, it is about time na masanay tayo doon, kasi nga happy siya doon,” [Because all of us went through changes, maybe for her it went drastic so we were surprised. Since we're surprised, we were not able to accept it at once. We Filipinos are not used to abrupt changes. We like the change to be gradual. But I think for us, it is about time that we get use to that, because she's happy with that.], he added.

Pineda also gave unsolicited advice to Charice.

Pineda said Charice, dubbed as the most talented girl in the world by Oprah, should continue singing.

“Siguro [Maybe]I think she just has to continue singing kasi [because] that’s what made her standout and that’s what will keep her to standout,” he said.

Charice has taken a break from her music career.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum