weheartCHARICE
12/31/12 - Manila Bulletin - Iyaz Wants More ‘Family Time,’ New Collaboration With Charice For 2013 Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

weheartCHARICE
12/31/12 - Manila Bulletin - Iyaz Wants More ‘Family Time,’ New Collaboration With Charice For 2013 Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!
weheartCHARICE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charice Fan Site and Forum

CHARICE just completed:      The 2012 TOFA-NY Awards - Carnegie Hall, New York (10/27/12)           and            Charice Infinity Tour 2012 - Honolulu, Hawaii (11/03/12)

You are not connected. Please login or register

12/31/12 - Manila Bulletin - Iyaz Wants More ‘Family Time,’ New Collaboration With Charice For 2013

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

benjandy

benjandy
CHAnnoisseur
CHAnnoisseur

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/387746/iyaz-wants-more-family-time-new-collaboration-with-charice-for-2013#.UO7h_OQ9_oY

Iyaz Wants More ‘Family Time,’ New Collaboration With Charice For 2013
By ROWENA JOY A. SANCHEZ
December 31, 2012, 10:46am

12/31/12 - Manila Bulletin - Iyaz Wants More ‘Family Time,’ New Collaboration With Charice For 2013 2_254
IYAZ is behind the hits ‘Replay’ and ‘Solo’ (Photo by Rowena Joy A. Sanchez)

Having a music career usually means less time for and more (physical) distance from family (due to heavy touring) but international rapper Iyaz is bent on changing that this 2013.

One of the many resolutions of the “Replay” and “Solo” hit maker is to take his family on the road whenever possible so that he can bond more with them. The family may well be game for this, since they are also into music. Iyaz actually “grew up in church choir” singing and playing drums and guitar.

"It’s all about “having fun and living life” with the people who matter to you," he said pensively to Philippine media.

Iyaz also looks forward to traveling more in 2013, even if that entails taking more plane rides – something he doesn’t relish at all, he said.

With 2012 being a year of many learning experiences for him, the 25-year-old songwriter-recording artist is excited to gain more of those in 2013. Music-wise, he’s working on the follow-up to his 2010 debut “Replay.”

“It’s all about growth. It’s all about me telling my stories and bringing you into the Iyaz world and the way I see the world,” he said.

He’s “down” for collaborating with any artist for the new record, including Filipino singing sensation Charice, whom he worked with in her international single “Pyramid.”

“[That is] if we could find her, because she’s all over the place!” he added affectionately of his “little sister.”

Iyaz welcomed the New Year when he headlined the Eastwood City’s New Year Countdown to 2013 held at the Eastwood Mall Open Park last night. It’s the first time that Iyaz has taken part in such as event, and he hopes it won’t be his last.

“I could add this (Philippines) to the collection of places I’ve been for the New Year,” he related, adding that he has celebrated the occasion previously in Las Vegas, in a cruise ship, and his home town, the British Virgin Islands, to name some.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum