weheartCHARICE
06/03/2013 - Manila Bulletin - Celebs commend Charice for coming out Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

weheartCHARICE
06/03/2013 - Manila Bulletin - Celebs commend Charice for coming out Vipird10

Welcome to weheartCHARICE. If you haven't already, we cordially invite you to register and join in on our discussions! Thanks!
weheartCHARICE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charice Fan Site and Forum

CHARICE just completed:      The 2012 TOFA-NY Awards - Carnegie Hall, New York (10/27/12)           and            Charice Infinity Tour 2012 - Honolulu, Hawaii (11/03/12)

You are not connected. Please login or register

06/03/2013 - Manila Bulletin - Celebs commend Charice for coming out

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

benjandy

benjandy
CHAnnoisseur
CHAnnoisseur

http://www.mb.com.ph/article.php?aid=15301&sid=4&subid=26

Celebs commend Charice for coming out

By Michael Joe T. Delizo
Published: June 3, 2013

06/03/2013 - Manila Bulletin - Celebs commend Charice for coming out 2013_06_03_01_26char6410

Several celebrities and netizens have welcomed the “new chapter” in Charice Pempengco’s “crazy life.”

Gay celebrities Bb Gandanghari and Sebastian Castro can seemingly relate to what the "Pyramid" singer went through in publicly admitting her sexual preference.

“You see, it takes a lot of courage to admit to the public about who and what you really are. And I am glad that Charice made it! :)” Bb tweeted.

“So very proud of Charice for coming out! All your real fans want is for you to live the life you want :-) Kudos !!” Sebastian posted.

Christine Bersola-Babao, who was once criticized for her alleged anti-gay column item, expressed her respect for Charice’s decision to come out. “Mahal ka namin. [We love you.] U r in our thoughts & prayers. Andito lang kmi. [We are just here.]”

Meanwhile, Gabriela Party-list Representative Luzviminda Ilagan said she admires Charice’s courage. “More than just being an amazing and talented singer, Charice is one brave girl. She deserves our respect, admiration.”

Columnist and Charice’s godfather Bum Tenorio tweeted on Monday that even Cinema Evaluation Board chairman Christine Dayrit personally visited the singer in her house to express support.

Also among the well-wishers are Lea Salonga, Bianca Gonzales, Cacai Bautista, Pia Magalona, Aubrey Miles, among others.

‏@MsLeaSalong: “Dear @OfficialCharice have you any idea how many young people you inspired today? More power, blessings and love to you!!!”

@iamsuperbianca: “Happy for Charice for coming out gay and proud. You are no less of a person and artist. Don't mind the bashers.”

@kakaibautista : “Hindi talaga dapat tinitingnan ang hitsura o pagkatao pagdating sa usapang galing at Talento. Mabuhay ka! [When we talk of greatness and talent, the looks or personality does not matter.]@officialccrp ❤❤❤”

@piamagalona: "@officialccrp hi Charice! I'm very happy for you :) Wish you the best. God bless! <3."

@realaubreymiles: “Si Charice Pempengco umamin na [already admitted], She's a lesbian..I salute your courage,God bless your More”

A day after her tell-all interview on "The Buzz" was aired, Charice visited her alma mater, Gulod Elementary School in Cabuyao, Laguna, to give away school supplies in line with the first day of classes.

benjandy

benjandy
CHAnnoisseur
CHAnnoisseur

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/06/03/13/celebs-praise-charices-courage-coming-out

Celebs praise Charice's courage for coming out

ABS-CBNnews.com | 06/03/2013 5:24 PM

MANILA – While netizens from all over the world are abuzz about Charice's coming out , FIlipino celebrities also took to the microblogging site Twitter to give props to the young singer after she admitted that she is gay.

In her own account, “Umagang Kay Ganda” host Bianca Gonzalez told Charice: “You are no less of a person and artist. Don't mind the bashers.”

Happy for Charice for coming out gay and proud. You are no less of a person and artist. Don't mind the bashers.

— bianca gonzalez (@iamsuperbianca) June 2, 2013

Award-winning TV producer Michael Carandang and "The Voice of the Philippines" coach Lea Salonga both believe Charice has inspired more gays and lesbians to come out.

Dear @officialcharice have you any idea how many young people you inspired today? More power, blessings and love to you!!!

— Lea Salonga (@MsLeaSalonga) June 2, 2013

Wow! Just watched @officialcharice coming out interview on the #TheBuzz. More power to you! I hope you inspire more GLBT to come out.

— MICHAELCARANDANG (@mikecarandang79) June 2, 2013

Pulitzer-winning journalist Jose Antonio Vargas, meanwhile, tweeted: "Charice didn't really come out. She is letting people in. Much respect and admiration."

Charice’s godparents Julius Babao and Christine Bersola also said they are proud of the singer’s courage to come out.

As for columnist Dolly Ann Carvajal, she said Charice’s coming out brought back memories of when her own son IC Mendoza admitted that he is gay.

“It is not an easy thing but it’s the right thing to do,” she said.

Well-known international blogger Perez Hilton said he is also proud of the former “Glee” star after making that bold move.

"So proud of you!!!! You are opening doors and hearts and minds with your bravery and honesty! Leading by example! BIG HUG!! xo," he said.

Sexy singer Mocha Uson, for her part, said she is hoping Charice would inspire “other celebrities to stop pretending & just be proud of who they really are!”

Aubrey Miles also said: “Si Charice Pempengco umamin na [admitted already]. She's a lesbian... I salute your courage.”

Actress Bubbles Paraiso said Charice’s revelation actually did not make her any less of a person.

As for entertainment reporter Ginger Conejero, she said: “May you continue to feel free and happy Charice #propsforyourcourage and may your prayers for reconciliation come true.”

Charice finally broke her silence amid speculations about her sexual preference on Sunday. In an exclusive interview with Boy Abunda on "The Buzz" that aired on Sunday, Charice admitted that she is lesbian. "Opo, tomboy po ako," [Yes, I am tomboy.] she said.

Charice also broke down as she apologized to her family and fans who are disappointed by her her coming out, while thanking those who continue to support her.

Charice told Abunda that she feels free about coming out.

as of 06/03/2013 5:56 PM

benjandy

benjandy
CHAnnoisseur
CHAnnoisseur

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/lifestyle/06/02/13/netizens-laud-charice-coming-out

Netizens laud Charice for coming out

ABS-CBNnews.com | 06/02/2013 8:15 PM

MANILA, Philippines – Netizens took to the micro-blogging site Twitter to express support for Charice after she finally ended speculations about her sexual preference.

as of 06/03/2013 4:27 PM

benjandy

benjandy
CHAnnoisseur
CHAnnoisseur

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/06/03/13/cheesa-charice-im-proud-my-girl

Cheesa on Charice: 'I'm proud of my girl'

ABS-CBNnews.com | 06/03/2013 12:20 PM

MANILA, Philippines -- Filipino-American singer Cheesa Laureta congratulated her friend Charice for coming out on "The Buzz," where she admitted to host Boy Abunda that she is indeed a lesbian.

Laureta took to micro-blogging site Twitter to say she's proud of Charice's courage to finally come out of the closet.

"Yooooo I'm so proud of my girl @OfficialCharice for inspiring others to never be ashamed of themselves! #noh8 #antibullying," Laureta tweeted.

Last year, Charice collaborated with Laureta, who was a contestant on the second season of the US talent search "The Voice," fueling speculations that they were having a romantic relationship.

But on her interview on "The Buzz" which aired on Sunday, Charice denied that she had a relationship with Laureta, stressing that the Fil-Am singer is just a friend.

"Kasi I remember nag-post kami ng picture ni Cheesa na ang caption ko 'my baby girl.' Kasi nakita namin sa timeline namin sa Twitter na jowaers, pero no po. Si Cheesa po she's like a sister, like a big sister. Hindi po totoo (na nagkaroon kami ng relasyon)," [Because I remember we posted a picture captioned “my baby girl.” Then we saw on our Twitter timelines, jowa/jowaers (bf or gf gay lingo for girlfriend), things like that, but no. It’s not true, Cheesa is like a sister, a big sister. It's not true that we had a relationship.], Charice told Abunda.

Charice, however, admitted her "special" relationship with AKA Jam member Alyssa Quijano, who competed on "The X Factor Philippines," where Charice was a judge.

"Ang masasabi ko lang, sa buhay ko, she's an inspiration," [All I can say is, she is an inspiration in my life.], Charice said of Quijano.

as of 06/03/2013 3:28 PM

benjandy

benjandy
CHAnnoisseur
CHAnnoisseur

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/97037/out-proud

Charice: Out & proud

June 4, 2013 | 10:11 pm

06/03/2013 - Manila Bulletin - Celebs commend Charice for coming out 300x168xCHARICE1-300x168.jpg.pagespeed.ic.QQFdk3iz9N
IN THIS 2009 photo, girly Charice welcomes the Inquirer to her Tagaytay home. INQSnap this page to see more photos and her TV interview! photo by Andrew Tadalan

We always knew she wouldn’t forever wear those little-girl hair clips prescribed by Oprah Winfrey. But though the timing was curious (it sure got a scandalous colleague off the headlines for now), Charice’s coming out was a relief. Hasn’t the public been speculating on this for about a year now? At press time, all of cyberspace is buzzing. Fellow celebs weigh in via Twitter and Facebook.

Lea Salonga

“Dear [Charice]: Have you any idea how many young people you inspired [with this]? More power, blessings and love to you!”

Monique Wilson

“So proud of you, Charice! We are all behind you. There is no need to apologize for anything. You are an inspiration! I so deeply honor you for your courage and honesty. This is true empowerment—for a beautiful young woman to say she is coming out because she loves herself and wants to be true to herself, despite fears of consequences to one’s career. You are and will always be an amazing singer, a national pride… Nothing can ever take that away. May your light continue to shine. Deepest respect and admiration for you.”

BB Gandanghari

“My two cents worth: Sexual orientation is never a choice but coming out is always an option. I’m happy for you. It takes a lot of courage to finally come to terms with your being. Stay in love. You’re happy, I can see.”

Julius Babao

“Way to go, inaanak (godchild). Your ninang (godmother Christine Babao) and I will always be here for you.”

Bianca Gonzalez

“Happy for Charice for coming out gay and proud. You are no less of a person and artist. Don’t mind the bashers.”

Zendee

“I hate seeing Charice crying. It breaks my heart. But I’m happy for her. I love her so much.”

Bubbles Paraiso

“Charice is out of the closet. Did that take her talent away… change her voice? No. Same talented person, just happier.”

Aubrey Miles

“I salute your courage. God bless you more.”

Liza Diño

“Cheers to being free. You moved me to tears. Hugs to you.”

Anton Diva

“Better to tell the truth than hide it. Let’s respect her coming out. I’m still a fan!”

Sebastian Castro

“So very proud of Charice for coming out! All [that] your real fans want is for you to live the life you want.”

Cesca Litton

“And the truth shall set you free. Your talent is still incomparable. Be you. Be proud. Go, Charice.”

Aicelle Santos

“There’s freedom in truth. Happy for Charice! Being gay/lesbian doesn’t make you less of a person.”
Perez Hilton

BB GANDANGHARI

“So proud of you! You are opening doors and hearts and minds with your bravery and honesty! Leading by example! Big hug!”

Rep. Luz Ilagan of Gabriela

“More than just being an amazing and talented singer, Charice is one brave girl. She deserves our respect, admiration.”

Tim Tayag

“Charice comes out and reveals she’s lesbian. But she still has not revealed the identity of her stylist. Too soon?”

benjandy

benjandy
CHAnnoisseur
CHAnnoisseur

Kuh to Charice: Pray!

Philippine Daily Inquirer
June 11, 2013 | 9:54 pm

06/03/2013 - Manila Bulletin - Celebs commend Charice for coming out 300x168xKuh-Ledesma-01-300x168.jpg.pagespeed.ic.fPAqGRkg92
Kuh Ledesma

Kuh Ledesma on Charice Pempengco’s coming out: “I don’t know if that was the right thing for her to do. I don’t know if this is already acceptable, globally, in the field of music. Before you make a big step in your life—saying something like that or something like, ‘I don’t want to sing anymore’—you first have to think hard and pray for guidance. The Bible says that before making a major decision, it is best to listen to a lot of wise counsel, seek wisdom.” Marinel R. Cruz

706/03/2013 - Manila Bulletin - Celebs commend Charice for coming out Empty Charice Did Think It Out June 11th 2013, 11:36 am

khatman

khatman
Legend
Legend

Charice did think it out starting when she changed her look in March 2012 with the shorter hair.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum